Author Topic: Very Late 69 L78 Fuel Line and Tee Asm  (Read 4391 times)

blackss69

• View Profile
Very Late 69 L78 Fuel Line and Tee Asm
« on: July 11, 2015, 09:34:10 PM »
I am researching a very late 69 with the l78 option.  It is missing the fuel line Tee asm and fuel lines.  The Tee Asm should be the one with the mounting bracket installed (3963562) on a stud on the intake manifold.  The AIM lists a different Pipe Asm from fuel pump to Tee.  It is 3965162 vs 3940931 pipe.  It looks like the Tee is mounted further forward than the Tee without the bracket 3886153. 
Does anyone know who makes the special fuel lines required for the late Tee?  Or does anyone have a picture of the Tee mounted and the fuel lines?  As I said the AIM calls a different fuel line and it appears the Tee is forward of the normal production Tee.

Thanks

blackandbluecamaros

copo

• View Profile
Re: Very Late 69 L78 Fuel Line and Tee Asm
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 06:36:07 PM »
When I restore my car I used the repo fuel line from the Right Stuff LInes with a repo fuel block with the bracket. The lines installed on the engine O.K. I had to bend the fuel pump to fuel block line slightly to get the fitting to screw into the block. Last year I found and installed a original fuel block with bracket, the fuel lines lined up to the original block the same as the repo block did.

blackss69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 12:36:12 AM »
Thanks for the anwer on the fuel pump to Tee line.  What about the 2 fuel lines from the Tee to the carburetor inlet nuts?  It looks like the front line length is about 1inch shorter than the rear line length.  Are the Right Stuff lines compatible?

Thanks again.

copo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 01:46:42 AM »
The 2 lines were the same length when I received them.

blackss69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »
Bug you again.  Wasn't the front line too long and the rear line too short?  It look to me like the Tee with bracket sits about 1 inch forward of the regular Tee.  Did you bend these lines to make them fit?  It looks to me like major bend would be necessary. 

Thanks Again

copo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 06:44:16 PM »
The 2 lines are the same length, the block tee with the bracket seats in the same position as the regular tee. The drawing in the AIM  drawing is deceiving with the location of the manifold stud. The stud screws into the intake manifold # 4 hole on the engine, the tee block bracket will not fit into the next forward manifold bolt hole and have the lines line up.