Author Topic: Correct style grille for 68 RS  (Read 5946 times)

Daniel Cate

• View Profile
Correct style grille for 68 RS
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:23:55 AM »
I'm looking at the replacement grille set up for a 68 RS being offered on ebay by Heartbeat City with the silver facing on the edges of the grille and headlight doors. It seems that this is a fairly new product made by CHQ and I'm told it is the correct style for 68 Rally Sports and that no one had ever reproduced it before, thus being the reason we see all of the 68's with black replacement grilles. I'm looking for comments on whether or not these are correct? Anybody with a survivor out there with this type of grille? Thanks, Dan

ccargo

• View Profile
Re: Correct style grille for 68 RS
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 09:40:21 PM »
Yes, that is the correct look for the 68 RS grille. Here's a 15k original mile car with the original grille. The reproduction is closer to a chrome look than the original hot stamped silver.
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

ccargo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:51:38 PM »
This is the aftermarket 68 grille installed on my other car. I think it looks good....but a bit bright as you can see it even distorted the photo its so bright!
67 O-1 O4A L35 Convertible, Indy Zone IPC

Daniel Cate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »
Wow!
That's cool to see both! Thanks for the replys and I look forward to getting the correct look, Dan.......p.s. Beautiful cars too!

anything