Author Topic: Found a 67 Camaro here in Germany For Sale with this VIN but I am confused  (Read 5860 times)

cmb357

• View Profile
I found a 1967 Camaro for sale here in Germany with this VIN # 12637GX100233.  I have researched this car and from what the owner says, it is a CKD.  One thing that confuses me is the 6 in the 3rd digit.  Isnt it supposed to be a 3 or a 4 for either 6cy. or V8?  The car can be seen at this link  http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=bxxbbpmptnqd I am not sure if what he is asking is worth it for a car that needs a total frame off resto. Can anyone help me decipher this thing?  The owner sent me a picture of the Cowl I.D. plate and it has the following numbers as well.  Paint says L415 and Trim says 742.  I will see if I can resize the picture and attach it later today.  I am very interested in this car but want more info before I make a decision on it. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 05:57:52 AM by cmb357 »

Nate Biery

• 67 base coupe w/ some goodies.
    • View Profile
I would say that is a very rare camaro indeed. Simply for the fact that it has been modified for European sale/use from the factory. A cool piece of history. If it could be documented as a true CKD (looks to me like it very well could be) then it may have some greater historical value. Plus it all seems to be basically there. I do not know the conversion rates but doesn't seem to be to crazy and I am sure it is negotiable, anything is. I am by no means an authority, simply a hobyist. Others here maybe able to point you in a better direction and offer further help.  But I would buy it but my wife would think I was crazy (probably because I am). The journey of documenting the car and it's history could be just as interesting a story as the restoration of the car itself. Good luck. Just my .02 worth.

cmb357

• View Profile
I am hoping someone on here can help me with the numbers on this car.  I am speaking with my bank on Monday and want to know more before then so I can let them know this could be a very valuble investment.

Nate Biery

• 67 base coupe w/ some goodies.
    • View Profile
Cool, European Camaros are on the list of research topics.  http://www.camaros.org/TopicsofResearch.shtml You may want to email Kurt Sonen for further info. kurts2@gmail.com I think is his email. He heads up some of these topics of interest. Rich Fields maybe able to help as well.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
The paint is white and 742 is red deluxe interior.

http://www.camaros.org/geninfo.shtml#Where has some info on Antwerp. They used a modified VIN format. Everything looks fine from here, but it looks like it needs some TLC!

Can you send me the picture of the tag? Thanks!
Kurt S
CRG

Blown 67 RS

• View Profile
Looks all original. 4 speed car with console. Deluxe interior. Sport Wheel. And power brakes; could it have the 4 piston front calipers? And I wonder what the odd emblems were that are missing from the front fenders? There doesn't appear to be any SS designation anywhere on the car though. Seems a rare car indeed despite that.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Most (if not all) of the European Camaros had power disc brakes.
Kurt S
CRG

anything