Author Topic: 9N533186 - Complete Z28 Engine  (Read 6587 times)

baldeaglemtnman

• View Profile
9N533186 - Complete Z28 Engine
« on: April 30, 2008, 09:26:49 PM »
 386 Block    Casting date - J 17 8
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 03:26:57 PM by KurtS »
Steve

69 Z/28

baldeaglemtnman

• View Profile
Re: 9N533186 - Complete DZ Engine
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 02:33:52 AM »
Assembly stamp V1019DZ
Steve

69 Z/28

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
Re: 9N533186 - Complete Engine
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 03:15:13 AM »
  Point???
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

baldeaglemtnman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 04:37:09 AM »
  Point???

Sorry.  I thought the Orphan section of the CRG sight was to try and unite drivetrain components with the original cars.  I should have put the information in the title of the original post. I tried to change it without making a new post but couldn't.   For some reason, anything that says or has Z/28 or DZ on it draws a lot more attention. There was another orphan post similar to mine made about the same time with 4 times the views---the only difference being that it said "Z/28".  That was the point of trying to add it.

I don't have any underlying motives. But, I don't have a PhD in Camaros like you so I don't know what you're getting at. If I breeched some protocol or gave anyone the wrong impression, I apologize.  I've been reading and learning from this sight for years. There are a lot of knowledgeable  people here and on other sites like it.  As a newbie, I only visit occasionally and post very little. Normally, I keep my eyes open and my mouth shut. I try to get my information from the research and previous posts. There are times that I would like to ask a question or make a comment to a thread but don't for fear that it would not be worthy or that I would ask or say something stupid and then be chided by some wise-ass. Then a guy like you comes along and proves that. I will now slink off into the sunset with my tail between my legs. If I ever do make a post again I will send it to you in an email first to make sure it meets your approval.
Steve

69 Z/28

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 04:24:39 PM »
 Steve, sorry I didn't mean to offend you.  You post a block casting date in April and then an assembly date in June, without any information.  Do you have this engine, do you know someone that does, did you find it on eBay??   That's my point.  What's yours?

I've been a member of this forum for many years and I don't have a PHD in Camaros, and through my posts I hope I"m not deemed a "wise ass".   
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: 9N533186 - Complete Z28 Engine
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 03:40:50 PM »
I should have put the information in the title of the original post. I tried to change it without making a new post but couldn't.    That was the point of trying to add it.

If I breeched some protocol or gave anyone the wrong impression, I apologize.... As a newbie, I only visit occasionally and post very little. Normally, I keep my eyes open and my mouth shut. I try to get my information from the research and previous posts. There are times that I would like to ask a question or make a comment to a thread but don't for fear that it would not be worthy or that I would ask or say something stupid and then be chided by some wise-ass.

I added Z28 to the title of the post.

Some people on other sites slowly dole out information sometimes (to help build suspense??) and some people get tired of that game.
I don't think that was your intent, but I'd guess that's why John posted.
I don't think John was trying to be a PITA, but it could have been interpreted that way.

Ahh, the potential problems of short posts. ;)

Anyway, Steve and John, feel free to keep posting. :) If you need to edit a title like that, just put it in the post and I'll probably see it and handle it.
Kurt S
CRG

anything