Author Topic: Is it or is'nt it??????????????  (Read 3034 times)

chev427

• View Profile
Is it or is'nt it??????????????
« on: April 20, 2008, 05:07:37 PM »
Hi....This is my first post hope it works....I've owned a 68 camaro for 22 years. It was imported to Melbourne Australia in 1972 or 1973 by a well know car importer. I spoke to this fella last week and claims he bought the car into the country as a Z28. I have been told by other camaro enthusiast that were around in that era, that the car is an original Z28 which was also claimed by the bloke i bought it off. The car has had a big block in it since the 70's with a new process gearbox and a nine inch diff as it done a bit of track racing by the owner at that time. The color of the car is red with no Z28 stripes. The car has also been converted to right hand drive. I havn't worried about whether the car was a Z28, SS or RS until now. I would have bought the car if it had a 4 cylinder. After doing a bit of research it does have a bit of Z28 gear on it. It has the 2 piece discs with the four spot calipers. It has the console gauges and the tic toc tach. It has the tyre sticker on the glovebox. It has the interior. I changed carpets 2 years ago and the overspray color under the doortrims and the floor looks very much like the corvette bronze. I want to get to the id tag which gives info of the color and interior but i have to pull the engine out beacause i have an aluminium firewall. The only thing i have numberswise is the vin which is 124378L338802. I realize you need an original engine box and diff to verify exactly if it is a Z car but unfortunately i have none of these. If anyone can tell me of anything else to look for would be greatly appreciated.

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: Is it or is'nt it??????????????
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:17:25 PM »
Can you post a pic of the interior with the right hand drive?  My email is sdkar@bellsouth.net.  I remember seeing a right hand drive 69 Camaro that was from Australia as well and it was in a car magazine.  I think I still have that magazine, but I would have to go through a few hundred of them boxed up to find it.

Thanks,

Steve

anything