Author Topic: Anyone had work done at Mike's Custom Cars  (Read 5530 times)

jk1969z28

• View Profile
Anyone had work done at Mike's Custom Cars
« on: April 07, 2008, 02:58:32 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has had any work done by Mike's Custom Cars in South Carolina.  I'm scheduled for June and will be taking my body shell down in early May after being on his waitlist for about a year.  I've visited his shop last August and he could not be any nicer, and his shop is first rate.  I have all the confidence in the world in him but I thought I would just see if anyone else has had any work done by him and what their experience has been.  Below is a link to his Projects site in which my name is already listed.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.mikescustomcars.com/projects.htm

Thanks,
Jerry K.

ChevyThunder

• View Profile
    • Pro Racing
Re: Anyone had work done at Mike's Custom Cars
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:08:57 AM »
Mike did a car I have. It was a resto started about ten years ago then abandonded. The NOS GM quarters were tacked and I had Mike go through everything and make sure it was correct. He did a real nice job for me

1969 X44 COPO
1969 X33 RS Z/28

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=2224.0

I have subsequently talked with someone who feels as you do....
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

ChevyThunder

• View Profile
    • Pro Racing
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 02:46:52 PM »
I also have another 69 Z that had been tapped just hard enough in the back that it bent one of the frame rails . Mike built a series of custom fixtures to pull the cars chassis in several areas . Over a period of time he would do a very slight pull then he would make another fixture and pull a bit more. The car is perfect and his proceedure and patience also saved the original quarter panel .
1969 X44 COPO
1969 X33 RS Z/28

jk1969z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 04:41:21 PM »
Thanks so much for the feedback!!!  When I first found my car I knew I had a PROJECT on my hands but given the fact I'm not Bill Gates I took a chance that I could save this car, since it had the original motor and transmission.  Fortunately for me I live relatively close to Jerry MacNeish so the first order of business was getting the motor right, and boy is it, I could not be happier, he did his magic and it looks and sounds better than I could have ever done on my own.

Once I knew the motor would be functional I starting scouting out someone who could do the same type of magic on the body, that is when I found Mike's website, so I called him and could tell that I might have found the right guy for the job just by talking to him.  I sent him pictures of specific shots he wanted and he assured me he has fixed worst then mine. So as luck would have it we were going to South Carolina for my son's graduation from boot camp and I made a quick stop to see Mike.  After meeting him (and his family) I had know doubt he could and would get my car the way I wanted it, so I gave him a deposit and have been waiting for June to get here ever since.

Again thanks for the feedback, it mainly reinforces what I already felt.

Jerry

anything