Author Topic: Multi-leaf to mono-leaf axle housing installation  (Read 6683 times)

chd3

• View Profile
Multi-leaf to mono-leaf axle housing installation
« on: April 06, 2008, 06:20:24 PM »
I am installing a 12 bolt with multi leaf mounting perches on mono leaf springs. Does anyone know if spacers and pads are made for this conversion. I do not want to cut and replace the perches on the axle housing? Thanks.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: Multi-leaf to mono-leaf axle housing installation
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 06:48:49 PM »
I am installing a 12 bolt with multi leaf mounting perches on mono leaf springs. Does anyone know if spacers and pads are made for this conversion. I do not want to cut and replace the perches on the axle housing? Thanks.

Why not just install a pair of multi-leaf springs?

http://store.heartbeatcity.net/store/product/16815/Leaf-springs%2C-4-leaf%2C-correct/

Paul

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 07:23:47 PM »
Does anyone know if spacers and pads are made for this conversion

Not that I know of. Since the multi leaf spring perch is much deeper than the mono leaf perch, you're going to have to make some kind of spacers to take up the slack. I don't recommend wooden blocks, but something like aluminum might work. Steel would be better, but cutting this would be more difficult than aluminum.

Ed

dd442

• Gotta Love a Big Block
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 02:13:18 PM »
I have used a cut block of aluminum and also used composite fiber blocks that work well.
70 SS 396\350, 69jane, 69 442, 70 Mach 1