Author Topic: Is it really Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 19601 times)

gro51

• 68 SS/RS 350
    • View Profile
Re: Is it really Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 01:27:47 AM »

"salted the roads" - What's that??     ::)

Paul         

Gee thanks Paul. Rub it in why don't ya.
Joe
Schodack, NY

'68 SS/RS 350, M21, 3:73, Rallye Green, Black Deluxe Interior

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 03:04:14 PM »
Take car of that 67, you've got too much invested to let it rust!  Has the starting issue cleared up with better weather?

BTW, I jinxed myself!  We've got 400+ cars in a show this weekend and it is supposed to rain the whole time.  Technically, we are still in a drought...  Like you said, "Go figure".
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 11:12:32 PM »
Phillip:

The starting issue I believe has been resolved since I had the carb rebuilt. The two back ports were leaking. Now I pump her twice and she turns over and starts with very little effort. I want to have the car Dyno'ed but I don't have the money at the moment for the 3 hours required. I guess that will be put on the back burner for maybe next year, I can wait. 400 cars!!!!! most excellent. The weather hopefully will be good for the show. To much invested you say!!!!!!!!!!! Now the wife wants to look for new glass for the doors and 1/4's. Ya gotta luv her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

Dave

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 08:38:33 PM »
And that's just the AACA show.  There will be hundreds more (some for sale) inside the Lowes Motor Speedway.  I always like to see how many Camaros show up for sale and what the prices are like.  Plenty of vendors, but like Jerry said last year, original parts are getting harder to find.

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 12:12:24 AM »
Original parts indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It took almost 2 years to find a 67 air cleaner!!!!!!!!! We have a show coming up in 3 weeks in Madison, Wi. I'll let you know what kind of parts are available. They are getting harder and harder to find. The only item I have some interest in is a 12 bolt rear end. Now those are hard to find in this neck of the woods. Naturally I have to be interested another high dollar item!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

Dave

sshippe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 07:00:59 PM »
Dave:

Will it really be spring by then?  I assume you're going to spring Jefferson?  I Remember waking up to snow there on May 1 about 15 years ago.  We've been going there for almost 30 years.  My friends 69 z is the featured car this year.  I'm coming in from San Diego to help him load and do a bit of shopping. 

What 12 bolt are you looking for?  He has mostly 69 stuff.
Ron

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 06:56:49 PM »
Ron:

Just looking for 12 bolt for a 67 Camaro. haven't really put much effort into yet. I addressed more important issues to the car such as electrical, motor and tranny. If i happen to find one this year then fine if not no big deal. Yes we are going to the Spring Show in Jefferson. A couple years ago it was so cold we turned around went home and put on heavier clothing!!!!!!

Dave

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 06:14:33 PM »
Dave,

It was cool and wet, which actually is a good description of about half of Spring in NC.  But the AutoFair was still well attended.  Lots of Camaros... prices still going up... plenty of Camaro-related vendors.  I was working traffic at the Car Corral one day and saw something very "interesting":  a 69 ??? "Z28" ??? with a three speed coulmn shift...  ::)

Only about half the cars (220+) showed up in the rain for the show... but there were some excellent Camaros there, including an SS/RS 396.  I had a great time  talking with some owners from Michigan and Ohio, who said this was tropical to them.

Hope your show is dry, if not warm!

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 08:52:15 PM »
Phillip:

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear that the weather like everywhere else in US this spring so far has been pretty miserable. A Z28 with a column 3spd??!! I have never seen one. Now that has got to be a rare bird if it is original. You had to figure there would be some fallout regarding car attendance because of the rain. After this week which is suppose to be rainy, they say we are in for some dry weather for a few weeks. I won't hold my breath but it would be nice to have it at least in the 60's for the show.Was afraid you would say the prices are still going up. We have created a real monster trying to preserve these cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2008, 03:07:35 AM »
Yes, and that fake "Z" was a perfect example of how far someone will go to get on the gravey train!

fireZ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2008, 12:33:50 PM »
Southern Ontario was 60 degrees yesterday so I slipped the 68 Z out for a little drive. I got 5 minutes from the house and seen red flashing lights behind me. Pulled over and the police officer was very plesent but told me the original California plates on the car were 18 years out of date. Nice guy just asked me to get home safely and change the plates back.
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »
FireZ,
That's why I carry a signed letter (copy, through my car club) from the commissioner of my state's DMV and a current tag (because of state law) with me in my car.  Several years ago I ran into this issue and realized that out of state and certainly out of the country law enforcement officers only have limited information on the use of original tags from your area. 

anything