Author Topic: Subframe Bushings  (Read 3659 times)

69houdini

• 69 SS X55 Butternut Vert / 68 Z28 Rally Green
    • View Profile
Subframe Bushings
« on: April 02, 2008, 05:06:13 PM »
Hi Guys,
           I'm currently going over my new purchase of a 69 Convertible X55 and have a few questions I hope you can guide me through. This car is extremely stock and original. I don't want to change anything that would deter from the originality factor so that's why I have these questions.
           1st. My car came with dealer installed air.  Right now it has the regular radiator with a cooler installed in front of it and a flex type fan replacing the stock original fan back in 69 when the dealer installed the air. The current radiator has some problems.  Question is, should I replace as is and leave it as it came from the dealer, or upgrade the radiator. I would like to just replace the original thin radiator with a correct 4 core radiator. I believe this would help keep the car running cooler and not deter from it's originality to much.
            2nd. I have to replace the subframe bushings. Question is, should I go with correct rubber or aftermarket poly? I'm getting different opinions on both good and bad.
            3rd. I have a small dent in the oil pan by the drainplug and it is not seating tightly. Should I pound it out and keep the original or just put the correct new one in?
            The rest of the car is in great condition and I want to leave it as it came off the lot back in 69. Please give me your opinions on these repairs/replacements.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: Subframe Bushings
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »
Hi Guys,
           I'm currently going over my new purchase of a 69 Convertible X55 and have a few questions I hope you can guide me through. This car is extremely stock and original. I don't want to change anything that would deter from the originality factor so that's why I have these questions.
           1st. My car came with dealer installed air.  Right now it has the regular radiator with a cooler installed in front of it and a flex type fan replacing the stock original fan back in 69 when the dealer installed the air. The current radiator has some problems.  Question is, should I replace as is and leave it as it came from the dealer, or upgrade the radiator. I would like to just replace the original thin radiator with a correct 4 core radiator. I believe this would help keep the car running cooler and not deter from it's originality to much.
            2nd. I have to replace the subframe bushings. Question is, should I go with correct rubber or aftermarket poly? I'm getting different opinions on both good and bad.
            3rd. I have a small dent in the oil pan by the drainplug and it is not seating tightly. Should I pound it out and keep the original or just put the correct new one in?
            The rest of the car is in great condition and I want to leave it as it came off the lot back in 69. Please give me your opinions on these repairs/replacements.

I think you answered questions 2 & 3 yourself  (see bold type above)...     :)

Paul 

69houdini

• 69 SS X55 Butternut Vert / 68 Z28 Rally Green
    • View Profile
Re: Subframe Bushings
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 05:42:31 AM »
 Thanks Paul, At least I'm on the right track.

anything