Author Topic: 8N423712 - Engine (Engine found at the 2008 Spring Carlisle and car's on ebay!)  (Read 7138 times)

bertfam

• View Profile
Warren Leunig emailed me this morning with a couple of interesing finds at the 2008 Spring Carlisle. Among them were the original engine to a car that's currently on ebay! (The item number is 350051856689)

I've wrtitten to the seller (dancindan48) with this information but I'm not sure if we'll be able to reunited the car with the engine. I've emailed Warren to see if he got the engine seller's contact info, but he hasn't replied yet.

I'll keep you guys informed if anything comes up, but in the meantime, here's a picture of the stamping.

Ed

KevinW

• View Profile
The seller (and potential buyer) probably wont be happy to find out the car was not an SS, but was a 327/AT car :)

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
The seller (and potential buyer) probably wont be happy to find out the car was not an SS, but was a 327/AT car :)

Not to mention the base (low horsepower) 327.  Yes indeed, CRG exposes yet another clone!     :)

Paul

bertfam

• View Profile
Okay, Warren is still looking to see if he can get the contact info for the engine seller, but in the meantime, the ebay seller emailed me back.

I want to say right off that dancindan48 has always been up front with me when I've asked questions regarding their ebay sales. I probably have 10 cars in the database from them and they are always willing to help. And this one is no exception. Here's what they had to say:

Ed,
Thanks for thinking of us.
I don't think we want to try and put that car back to a small block. Someone spent a lot of time and money making it into a big block and at this point we kinda like it the way it is!
Thanks again.

Again, he was up front and very responsive, so I look at this as a positive. You also have to remember that dancindan48 is a dealer, so they can only go by what the current owner states when they take the car in on consignment. I don't want anyone to think THEY'RE trying to push a base V8 car as an SS. And since I don't know who the actual owner is, we also have to give him (or her) the benefit of the doubt. I want to reiterate that here in the U.S. people are innocent until proven guilty. I dont want this thread to turn ugly. Especially since we don't have ALL the facts.

Ed

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Again, he was up front and very responsive, so I look at this as a positive. You also have to remember that dancindan48 is a dealer, so they can only go by what the current owner states when they take the car in on consignment. I don't want anyone to think THEY'RE trying to push a base V8 car as an SS. And since I don't know who the actual owner is, we also have to give him (or her) the benefit of the doubt. I want to reiterate that here in the U.S. people are innocent until proven guilty. I dont want this thread to turn ugly. Especially since we don't have ALL the facts.

I agree Ed!  But now that he knows, I believe he should revise his listing to include this new information.  That way there's no trouble in the future when the new owner logs into CRG for the first time.     :)

Paul

Hatman

• View Profile
At least the car has the original crossmember.

bertfam

• View Profile
Paul, I don't think any changes can be made to an auction within the last 24 hours. However, if changes can't be made, the auction should at least be cancelled. But to be honest, the car's been on ebay several times in the last few months, so I would imagine it probably won't sell this time either. I don't know what the reserve is, but the owner has a TON of $$$ in it, so there's a good possibility it'll be back again. That's the auction we need to keep an eye out for!

Ed