Author Topic: '69 Camaro, where to start???????  (Read 4300 times)

kwikclw

• View Profile
'69 Camaro, where to start???????
« on: March 28, 2008, 12:44:09 AM »
I bought a 69 camaro, it is a ground up project. I have removed motor and transmission, front clip, and sub frame. Most of sheet metal needs to be replaced.Should I start with the floor pans and trunk pan and work out or start with the quarters and tail pan and work in. First sheet metal project, and in no hurry.
I before E excect in Budweiser.

x77-69z28

• View Profile
Re: '69 Camaro, where to start???????
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 01:58:43 PM »
start with the floor. you want to keep the car as straight as possible. dont take it all apart at once. do the floors, then work your way out to the wheelhouses and quarters.
good luck
69 Z/28 X77 burnished brown, 711 int 05A bought in 78
70 Z28 forrest green, green int, M40, bk vinyl roof PROJECT
99 SS hugger orange 6spd NO TTOPS bought new 1 of 54
15 z/28 Arctic white, A/C 505 HP #251

SS375HP

• View Profile
    • LUCAS-RESTORATIONS
Re: '69 Camaro, where to start???????
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 08:47:25 PM »
If you are planning to use the full one piece trunk floor be sure to have that in place before you do the quarters and the inner wheel houses. We have removed the tail panel to do the trunk floor installation. Be sure to put the tail panel back before doing the quarters. Also get the door to quarter alignment the best you can before removing the quarters. Leave the doors in place and align the new quarters back to the doors. As someone else said, don't take too much apart at one time. The body does get unstable. We have also at times welded in temporary braces to keep things lined up during the sheet metal work. Good luck.
British Green
68 L78
Phoenix, Maryland
www.lucas-restorations.com