Author Topic: brake problems  (Read 6878 times)

mvara71

• View Profile
brake problems
« on: March 15, 2008, 10:27:30 PM »
My 1969 camaro at one time it was all wheels drum, I replace the from drums with front wheel disk brakes, i had gone with three master cylinders and two power boosters and for some reasons my brake paddle still goes down to the floor giving me minimum brake to stop the car, I had taking the car to the mechanic and they can`t find the problem, went I bleed the brakes is stronger but after a while of driving it goes down again, I don`t notice any brake fluid missing so I must be loosing air from some place can any body help me on this one
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Thanks   

Miguel

fireZ

• View Profile
Re: brake problems
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 10:49:54 PM »
 had the exact same trouble. After about the fifth time bleeding the system I found the problem to be the proortioning valve.Had it rebuilt for 75 and works perfect now.
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

jl8dale

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 11:01:50 PM »
Who rebuilt your proportioning valve?
1969 Z/28 Daytona Yellow/Yellow Houndstooth, Tilt, Fold Down Seat, - POP

mvara71

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »
you know thats what i really though it was.  I`ll pick one up and let you know  thanks for the input

i

mvara71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 11:48:23 PM »
Just to let everyone know I found a good article that might be helpfull to some people I know it help me here is the web site    www.inlinetube.com/articles/Out%20of%20Proportion.htm

z-villejw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »
When you changed the master cylinder did you use the right push rod? There are differant ones. Just a thought. :)
J. Wiles  Southeastern Ohio
1968 RS SS Coupe with 1967 427-435 Tri-power
Tripoli Turquoise with Black Vinyl Top
4 Speed with 3:31 12 bolt

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »
went I bleed the brakes is stronger but after a while of driving it goes down again, I don`t notice any brake fluid missing so I must be loosing air from some place can any body help me on this one
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Thanks  

Miguel

If you bleed the brakes and it goes from a high pedal to a low pedal with driving miles and there are no fluid leaks, the most common cause is the master cylinder seals bypassing internally.

What type of calipers do you have, and what type of master cylinder?
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

262jp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 01:00:45 AM »
make sure the bleeders on the calipers are pointed to the top. if they are pointed down you cannot get all the air out. been there