Author Topic: LOS car history & geography  (Read 2769 times)

huggerSS69RS

• View Profile
LOS car history & geography
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:49:32 PM »
I purchased a 69 Camaro a few months ago which I am presently restoring and I would like to research it's history but don't know exactly where to start.
I was told the car was in CA most of it's life and found several related items in the console such as a 1982 Medic Aid card issued in Sherman Oaks, a 1978 Van Nuys Blvd parking ticket and a business card for a dental appointment in Panorama City etc. My knowledge of CA geography is limited to what I found on the internet but it appears that these places are close to each other and not that far from LOS where the car was built. I am thinking it was a black & yellow plate car but no number plates were supplied with the car.
As the car is now located in Australia I am not sure who to contact to search previous owner information and found that you can't do a online VIN search due to CA laws. I would like to track down a POP or build sheet if possible as all I could find in the car was a small piece of perforated paper under the rear seat which look to be the remnants of the build sheet.
Any advice or suggestions from the forum is appreciated.

Thanks,

crobjones2

• View Profile
Re: LOS car history & geography
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 05:07:18 PM »
I am thinking it was a black & yellow plate car but no number plates were supplied with the car
It depends on when the car was sold
I own a 69 that was sold in Torrance in October and came with the yellow on blue plates (the ### AAA style)
Chris
69 SS 350

anything