Author Topic: Frustrated  (Read 15192 times)

68Zproject

• View Profile
Frustrated
« on: March 12, 2008, 01:12:58 AM »
Just wondered if I've pissed people off or if nobody really knows or cares about some of my posts?  I've asked twice about if I have the right motor mounts.  Posted a trim tag for sale on E-bay.  Asked about how to tell if the linkage for a 69 Hurst is original.  Posted a picture of an original spring tag I found and have gotten 0 responses on all of them.  I just want to get my car as original as I can, try to get the parts while you still can,  and buy the right ones the first time.  I haven't had a lot of luck with trying to find PO's, so I do the next best thing and ask on here how to tell if your car came with ...... or how to tell if... is original etc.  I know not every question can be answered, but I find it hard to believe no one on this sight knows any of my questions? ???  If I've pissed people off, I'd like to know what it was and appologize.
68Z28

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 01:43:46 AM »
1. Don't know the problem with the motor mounts.
2. Have a car with a trim tag attached.
3. Can't see the EE or the last number on the spring tag.
4. Can't help you on the shift rods or ends.
 It would also help to know what year car it is.
Try this: http://www.pozziracing.com/camaro_engine.htm
            http://www.camaros.org/suspen.shtml#spring
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 01:04:31 PM »
68Zproject,

I see from your most recent post that you've moved on beyond your frustration.  Good!  I read your posts. (We 68 owners need to support each other... and the 67 and 69 owners, too.)  Like Fireman John, I really couldn't help you with motor mounts or shift rods.  I looked at your posts about the trim tag and spring tag.  I did click on the Ebay site.  I did study your picture.  But since you really never asked a question on either one of those posts, I didn't respond. So,

Is there something about that trim tag you want observations on?
I cannot read the figures on your picture either.  The CRG info. is by far the best response I've seen.

Hang in there! I learn something from your questions....  ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 01:42:39 PM »
There isnt alot of traffic here, thats probably why.

I've asked twice about if I have the right motor mounts.
As far as the motor mount question, who knows. If you stick with original part numbers and parts you probably would have got an answer. Call Ricks?

Posted a trim tag for sale on E-bay.  What response are you looking for?

Asked about how to tell if the linkage for a 69 Hurst is original.  Maybe post a pic of what you have.

Posted a picture of an original spring tag I found and have gotten 0 responses on all of them.  Not sure what you want people to say to this either.
Its hard to make out the EE, but okay, you have EE tags on your springs. Maybe you can get a repo set when you do your resto.

Some of the posts seem to me like they are an FYI post, no response needed. Camaros.net has way more traffic and alot of knowledgable people.
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:26:34 AM »
It was a bad day with a few close friends passing away.  I was using this forum as a way to get away from it and just kind of blew up that there were no responses.  It just seems that when certain people post a TT for sale or some tag off their car, 25 people will chime in and a discussion will get going that will have people ask other questions and get clariifications etc.  I just wanted someone to record the TT in a data base so when a car shows up for sale we can catch it.  The spring tag is one of the few original things I have found on my car and I was as excited as someone who finds a build sheet, I guess.  Another example is on the dipstick.  I asked a question on a 68 dipstick, I got my answer and that is all I wanted.  But see the one for a 69, 25 responses.  Mine got two.  I don't really take it personal, but I wanted to check if it was me or just the way it is.
68Z28

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:16:16 AM »
Dont take it personal at all.  Don't sweat it.

The TT was most likely logged by someone here, and from what I understand is that the 68 dipsticks are pretty straight forward as to what was used, as where the 69 dipsticks have been in question for a while now (even though I think the answer is known by now).  My knowledge on 68s is very lacking compared to 69s, so I couldnt be much help on your engine mount question.

Like Jonesy mentioned, this site has less traffic than TC, and even there some people get frustrated if they dont get the answer/response they want.
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 01:21:46 AM »
Know what you mean about those bad days...
Again, still think it is best to ask a question that gives others something to respond to.  I made a request about trim tags a while back and the first two responses were pretty negative. Then, several guys flooded me with the needed info.  Just had to be patient.
I guess we 68 owners have "middle sibling issues" --seems like no one pays attention to us...
Hope this week is better....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 01:26:59 AM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

sam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 01:27:24 AM »
I would get Jerry MacNeishs book on the 67-68 Z/28's. Very informative. I own a 69 Z but have his 67-68 book for references also.  Sam

Pex68

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 01:48:22 PM »
68Z, Sorry to hear about your losses but hang in there!  I've been there too, both with the passing of friends and the posts with a tons of views but no (or 2) replies.

I guess we 68 owners have "middle sibling issues" --seems like no one pays attention to us...

Phill, Couldn't have said that better myself...and feel that way sometimes too!!!!!  Glad to see it's just not me! ;D

Although there is likely way less traffic on this site compared to TC, IMO responses on this site are way more knowledgeable as it is solely for first gen cars and it seems the great bunch of people on this site truly have a passion for knowledge about these cars.  Just thinking of all the time & effort the CRG Members put into the reports alone makes me very proud to be member of this site and very thankfull it's here for all of us to come to and discuss these cars that obviously have made a huge impact on our lives!

Chris P
1968 Sequoia Green SS 396/325 M20

Pex68

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »
Just wanted to add I am in NO WAY badmouthing or putting TC down in any way if it came off that way!!! (Just re-read my post & realized it could be taken that way)  I (and most members here) belong to both sites and TC is a very informative site too-just feel this site is geared more towards originally.  Again, it’s just my opinion.  Hope I did not offend anyone and apologies if I did.  Sorry for the rant!
Chris P
1968 Sequoia Green SS 396/325 M20

CanCam68

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 05:09:15 AM »
I might as well have a "kick at the can" as well as "Z28".

Although a newbie on this site, I find myself welcoming a newcomer, since no one else acknowleged his presence.  Heck I've been here for the better part of a week, and nary a "Hi there"  or "Nice to have ya aboard!"

I get the feeling that most can't be bothered, as voiced by others on this site.

I know that the traffic ain't what it is on other Cam sites, but if you don't take answer threads...ya gonna lose potential members with great knowlege bases.  IMHO, that's how I see it.

CC68

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 02:30:44 PM »
Can Cam, It's just a traffic issue here.  Most people are looking for an answer, or are looking to answer a question they know about.  The 69's definately get more attention than the other cars.  That's just the way it is, there are a lot more 69's than 68's.  (Z's at least).  There aren't that many people here who know a lot about all the cars, so most members are "standing by" looking for the answers themselves.  My focus is 68 Z28.  I don't know much about anything else, so anything else I would comment about would be something that was probably already discussed and could be found by checking CRG or searching threads.

I was just very frustrated over the events other than here when I ranted and upon further reflection, when I read my post, I can see it as just whinning.  We all have a right to do that from time to time, but don't let a "dry spell" get you down.  This site is as Pex, Lakehome and RAD say, a place mostly for "anal rententive" originality and not just a car club type of site.  Team Camaro is more of a general site and gets a lot more traffic and hence, more answers.  The down side is that if you have a specialized car, you won't get as many answers as you will here.  But for stopping by and saying "hi" or for a club atmosphere, you will usually get more on TC.

I know this place can get frustrating, especially when you are new, but don't let it get to you like I did.  I of course have moved way past that now, but I remember how I felt at the time.  You do have to be patient and if need be, ask your questions again.  Also, try to search threads for similar questions as they have usually been asked before.  I know I was guilty of this when I was new and I still do it from time to time.  Some of these people have been here a long time and have probably answered the same questions many times over the years.  Most of them will still answer them and are patient about it, but I'm sure some of them get tired of answering something over and over and don't respond.
68Z28