Author Topic: 1969 RS LM1 rosewood houndstooth rarity?  (Read 3044 times)

69LM1RS

• View Profile
1969 RS LM1 rosewood houndstooth rarity?
« on: March 08, 2008, 01:46:49 AM »
I am a new poster, and I have the usual, "How rare is it?" question.  I have an original 69 Camarao RS that I purchased in California back in 1984.  I recently decoded the car using the information posted on this site.  I discovered that it was built in October 1968 at Van Nuys.  It has the LM1 engine and the other goodies associated with this option (i.e., TH350 transmission, 12-bolt rear, 4-barrel Q-jet, multi-leaf springs (5), etc.).  This car also has the deluxe black and white houndstooth interior and rosewood console and dash.  I have looked around a bit on the web and have seen a few "plain jane" Camaros with the LM1 option.  My question is, "Does anybody have an idea how many 69 RSs were built with the LM1?"  Is this car rare enough that it warrants the bucks to replace the quarters with NOS units?

Any information, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: 1969 RS LM1 rosewood houndstooth rarity?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 07:45:28 AM »
The repro quarters are fine substitues for the NOS ones.

And from the limited data we have, LM1's often have RS. Much more often than the 18% or so of all 69's.

You saw http://www.camaros.org/lm1.shtml?
Kurt S
CRG

anything