Author Topic: Interior labels (paper tags) on LOS car, what does it mean?  (Read 6735 times)

huggerSS69RS

• View Profile
Interior labels (paper tags) on LOS car, what does it mean?
« on: March 07, 2008, 12:25:05 PM »
I have started to restore my 69 Camaro and found these paper stickers behind the front and rear interior door trims. The labels are white with black lettering, perforated in the middle with LOS49 on one half and 49LOS on the other. Does anyone know what they mean? Is it something to do with the production line sequence or color coding?
I believe my Camaro is mostly original except for a cheap repaint but it has the factory paint behind the door trims & under the carpet etc.
My car is a 12A build (1st week of December 1968) and hugger orange in color with black deluxe trim if that helps.
I am taking pictures as I go to document the rebuild and can post a pic if needed.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Interior labels (paper tags) on LOS car, what does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 04:52:46 PM »
Those are warranty door glass adjustment verification stickers - many dealers submitted bogus warranty claims for door and quarter glass adjustment, and GM then placed those stickers on the inside of the doors; when a warranty claim for door glass adjustment was submitted, if it didn't have those stickers attached to the claim form, the dealer didn't get paid for the claim.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »
Too Cool!     :)

Paul

huggerSS69RS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 01:11:20 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up John z.
I assume this means that they adjusted all side windows on my car as there a four labels or would they put labels at every window even if they adjusted one window only?
I should have know they wouldn't be assembly sequence as they would have been painted over in production and become useless.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 02:49:10 AM »
I assume this means that they adjusted all side windows on my car as there a four labels or would they put labels at every window even if they adjusted one window only?
I should have know they wouldn't be assembly sequence as they would have been painted over in production and become useless.

No Karl, the fact that all four stickers are present means none of the windows where adjusted under warranty.  If the dealer did a door glass adjustment under warranty they would have had to take the sticker off the inside of the door and submit it to GM for payment.  No sticker with the warranty repair order = no payment from GM.     ;)

Paul 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 02:58:16 AM by 1968RSZ28 »

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 02:52:40 AM »
Those are warranty door glass adjustment verification stickers - many dealers submitted bogus warranty claims for door and quarter glass adjustment, and GM then placed those stickers on the inside of the doors; when a warranty claim for door glass adjustment was submitted, if it didn't have those stickers attached to the claim form, the dealer didn't get paid for the claim.

John -

Did GM start putting these verification stickers in the '69 model year vehicles?  I've never found one in a '67 or '68 Camaro.

Paul

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 04:19:23 PM »
John -

Did GM start putting these verification stickers in the '69 model year vehicles?  I've never found one in a '67 or '68 Camaro.

Paul

I know 69's had them, not sure about prior years; scamming the warranty system for payment for glass adjustment was big business, and GM finally clamped down on it.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG