CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 11:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
106460 Posts in 12413 Topics by 4787 Members
Latest Member: Oilron14
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  Thermostat housing for L78
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thermostat housing for L78  (Read 1811 times)
ccargo

View Profile Email
« on: January 26, 2006, 12:03:18 AM »

I'm confused as normal maybe you guy's can help. I have a 68 L78 with manual transmission. What is the correct thermostat housing? Is it the same as the SB with the carb return spring tab? I'm also using a BB alternator bracket that has the carb return spring tab. I've seen the BB alt bracket with and with out the tab and always assumed the one with the tab was for manual and w/o was for auto. If someone could advise with a description and or part # for the thermo housing and the correct alternator bracket for my application I would appreciate the help  Huh Oh yeah, if they both have the carb return spring tab which one do I use  Tongue
Ed Bertrand
CRG Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 02:05:06 PM »

Pat,

The bog blocks used the same housing as all other 8 cylinder cars in 1968 except the 302. Group 1.153 (OUTLET, Cooling), P/N 3877660. HERE'S a previous thread and a picture posted by JohnZ of the housing.

I believe the Alternator Bracket with the return spring tab is a 66 Chevelle (1st design) Big Block item. The 68 Camaro Big Block Bracket didn't have the tab.

Hope this helps...
Ed
ccargo

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 04:35:42 PM »

Thank you, that answers my question.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: