Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

69 Gas Caps revisited - original Cap?

<< < (2/18) > >>

Pacecarjeff:
The biggest clue is that the original 1969 caps - do not have "ears"

The cap Tom shows above IS an original 1969 cap.

tom:
KOOL! I had no idea.

Dave69x33:
Thanks everyone.  Let's keep digging thru our junk piles to look for original caps, oil dip sticks (topic from another post), etc.  Perhaps, others with survivor cars will post pic's of their caps (and please remember include your VIN # and/or build date and assembly plant location of your 69 Camaro).

As this summer's show season kicks in, I'll be on the hunt for survivor 69's.  I keep a list of things to look at and photo document, then share with you throughout this year.
 :)

rich69rs:
Cap from my 01C Norwood '69 RS (VIN #19N581767; final assembly on or about 20-21 Jan 1969) is shown in this and the next post.  My cap is the same as the one in the first posting in this thread from Dave69x33.

As far as I know it is original to my car.  Still had some of the dealer undercoating overspray on it.   I had to clean off some of the overspray in order to get a decent pic. Undercoating covers the bottom of my gas tank and some of the filler neck with overspray on the cap. 

First pic here.  Secon pic in next post. 

It is marked with the stamped words "VENTED" and "ANTI SURGE".  There is also a stamped "S" in the center of the cap and a manufacturer's mark stamped on one of the ears (pic in next post).

rich69rs:
Manufacture's mark stamped into one of the ears.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page