Author Topic: Undercoat  (Read 4553 times)

ravenspep

• View Profile
Undercoat
« on: February 16, 2008, 01:13:25 AM »
Does anyone know if the transmission tunnel was undercoated by the factory(Norwood, 69) before installing the transmission?  I was stripping a thin coat of undercoat off of the tunnel down to the original blue paint that is on the car and started wondering.  I looked at the tranny(original)  and there isn't any undercoat on it so either a dealer did a hell of a job cleaning up the overspray, it was undercoated before installing it by the factory or the tranny was cleaned of any overspray when it had been out before....any thoughts or knowledge???

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Undercoat
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »
No undercoating was applied to any part of the underbody or tunnel area at the factory - only some variable coverage in the front and rear wheel wells. Undercoating in any other area was applied by a dealer or aftermarket undercoating shop.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

ravenspep

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 04:48:46 PM »
John....once again, thanks for the great information!!!

Jim

fireZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 01:08:05 AM »
Was ther ever a little bit of undercoating on the inside of the quarter panels inside the trunk?
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

sd1968z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
there was in undercoating on the inner quarters in trunk area on every camaro i have ever owned.

ravenspep

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 04:25:17 PM »
I haven't gotten that far yet....I was originally hoping to find black or grey paint on the undercarriage but have been finding the body color instead which makes it a little more of a longer process for me.

anything