Author Topic: 69 Yutivo  (Read 6024 times)

Claus

• View Profile
    • Yutivo
69 Yutivo
« on: February 01, 2008, 12:33:56 PM »
A good friend of mine recently found a relatively unmolested 69 RS Yutivo. It still has the 250cui coupled to a 3 speed manual transmission.
It has red deluxe interior, but no headrest. This is the second 69 Yutivo with red costum interior without headrest, quite unusual. Also the console is black and the dash pad is black, should they not have been red?
The car is currently red, it has paint code 908 so originally it was another colour. The 69 Yutivos use the window sticker format for the paint codes and 913 would be Garnet red. Anybode knows what colour 908 is?
Kmph Speedo, Radio delete, Heater delete, aircondition, magstyle hubcaps.

here are some pictures:

A bit more info on the car here: http://www.69pace.com/1969_Yutivo_Fer.htm

Claus

• View Profile
    • Yutivo
Re: 69 Yutivo
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 04:47:48 AM »
Small update.
Got the engine number of the car, it reads:
K12 10 BF (or BE) 19Y184019A

That would be December 10, 1968 right?
'What does the K indicate?

Kurt if you are interested I can email you pictures of the engine stamp and firewall trimtag.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:00:00 AM by Claus »

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:16:18 AM »
K would be for McKinnon in Canada. Never seen one of their motors in a first gen before!

It has to be BE since the car doesn't have AC. Pretty early date for being a higher VIN'd car. The axle code will help guestimate when it was assembled.

Yes, I'd like those pics. Thanks!!

And no clue on that 908 paint code.  The codes are listed farther down on http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#ExteriorColors, but not 908. Or 906 which was on that other Yutivo.

Kurt
Kurt S
CRG

Claus

• View Profile
    • Yutivo
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:19:33 AM »
I have never seen a K before, didn't know it was from McKinnon in Canada.

It looks like a BE in the engine code, but pretty hard to see. Will send you the pictures.
I can get the rear end and transmission code later on.

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 12:02:09 PM »
Claus, German cars had  black dashboards and steering wheels. I wonder if these were colored for the European market? I aslo see an air conditioner condensor, but no air unit?
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

Claus

• View Profile
    • Yutivo
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 11:32:43 PM »
Claus, German cars had  black dashboards and steering wheels. I wonder if these were colored for the European market? I aslo see an air conditioner condensor, but no air unit?
The cars were made for the local market in the Philippines only.
The car had an aircondition installed at one point in its life, hence the condenser unit in front of the cooler.

anything