Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

69 camaro hood insulation question

(1/4) > >>

70lt1z28:
anyone have any ideas as to who makes the most original looking  MOLDED  cowl induction hood insulation for a 69 camaro?  THANKS ALOT

Jerry@CHP:
Only one vendor makes the molded pad and it's not very good.  As a matter of fact, it's pretty poor.  Too thin and the clips pop out for starters.  #$@%$&*&%^*!!!  The flat molded areas are not in the true postition.  When used on a 1968 Camaro with 396 engine, the smog pulley digs into the hood pad.........nice.  I tell people to buy the old pad that is not molded but looks more correct.  I actually called the vendor who makes these a couple of years ago and told them about the problems and they didn't seem interested in correcting the issues.

Jerry

68Zproject:
Is it the same for the molded cowl hood insulation?

Jerry@CHP:
Same vendor makes both.

Jerry

vtfb68:
I purchased a 98% 68 396 in 1980 and the smog pump already dug into the insulation, otherwise it still fits perfect.
                                                                                                   good luck,
                                                                                                      victor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page