Author Topic: 68 Lower body S/S Trim  (Read 5627 times)

HawaiianCamaro

• View Profile
68 Lower body S/S Trim
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:51:24 AM »
Was there more than one style?

I have seen 68s with the small S/S trim across the bottom of the rocker panels and tonight I was shown pictures of a 68 Z (2 owner car) that has the trim as a 3 peice set per side.  They ride up further than the lower trim ones and follow the low line of the bottom of the doors.

Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of what it should look like.  I am not taling about the wide 67 rocker panel trim.

mahalo

Jeff

z-villejw

• View Profile
Re: 68 Lower body S/S Trim
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 12:28:03 PM »
What you saw was the trim on a RS. It runs along the edge on the doors,fender& quarter.
J. Wiles  Southeastern Ohio
1968 RS SS Coupe with 1967 427-435 Tri-power
Tripoli Turquoise with Black Vinyl Top
4 Speed with 3:31 12 bolt

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 07:02:06 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of what it should look like.  I am not taling about the wide 67 rocker panel trim.

Aloha Jeff -

Attached is a photo of a '68 Camaro with the standard rocker molding...

Paul

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 07:05:02 PM »
And attached here is a photo of a '68 Camaro with the RallySport rocker moldings (three per side)...

Paul

HawaiianCamaro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 08:56:10 AM »
Man  did I space that one out.  Guy kept telling me it was rare and that it was a Z option only and I completely forgot it had the RS option as well.

Anyway the car was stored have covered for the past 20 years and needs some work on the rear end.  Org sold here in Hawaii, has org drivetrain and paperwork and was seafrost green.  Should turn out real nice when its completed.

thanks for the help

outlaw17

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 05:36:57 AM »
Did any 68's have both pieces with silver painted in between them ? I found a picture but not sure if its actually from the factory . I am doing a 68 that had no lower trim , they were missing but the body has the small holes along the rocker for the lower style  , the doors and fenders have the holes for the upper style , the quarter panel has the lower holes not the uppers , what did this car have ? I seem to think it had the lower and the doors and fenders have been changed to ones that had upper pieces .

anything