Author Topic: glove box lock removal  (Read 6885 times)

roper

• View Profile
glove box lock removal
« on: January 19, 2008, 02:25:26 PM »
my glove box latch is very loose in the door housing. can someone tell me how this is removed and or tightend up? 69 ss

danimaldds

• View Profile
Re: glove box lock removal
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 07:45:37 PM »
I'm new at this myself. Do a search. I saw a thread about just that topic.....sorry I could not find it again. I know there is a small hole in the back that u have to put a pin or something in to remove it..the key has to be inas well. I think you turn the key to open it and with the pin in it will come out.. But not sure. Mine had the same prob. for now I just wedged a tiny piece if sheet metel unde it and it's tight....Hack... :'(... not much help..
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:52:44 PM by danimaldds »
Dr. Dan Mairani.  ..1969 ss 350 Lemans blue/black

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

roper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 01:26:21 PM »
Many thanks, I remember having to do the paper clip thing on the sterring colum but that was on a 68 chevell and tried to on the glove box but couldnt find the little hole, the link that you provided is what i needed. I might suggest a tip to others about the info that we find and recieve here. copy and past in my documents creat a file just for your car and then its easy to find later. not trying to be a know it all, just thought it may help forgetfull people like me  ;D

roper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 07:42:20 PM »
the link proved to work, thanks John Z. I found a square nut to fit in the opening and screwed it on to a bolt with another nut and locked them together, worked great!

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »
Ricks catalog shows a tool on page 175 for 12.99
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 04:55:19 PM »
Here's the tool we used in the plant - piece of octagonal bar stock welded to a socket.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG