Author Topic: ether use  (Read 16135 times)

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: ether use
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 12:33:38 AM »
OK, now you've got my interest up... Do you mean "seal the car" by "bag"?  Is there an effective way to seal up a car without just trapping in the moisture.  I know it is done with boats, but I've always presummed that worked because boats don't rust.  My two garages are full of cars and I've got to get rid of some or find alternate storage.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 01:18:36 AM »
I thought about bagging it, but I can't resist going out and starting it up just to hear the small block rumble a bit!!!!!!!!!!!! Get behind the wheel and sit wishin I was on the open road. The wife is already planning road trips for car shows. Ya think we got the bug !!!!!!!!!! :D

Dave

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 07:18:49 AM »
Yes, they have bags that you drive the car into, toss in a big bag of desiccant (water absorber), and seal shut. Do a google on it.
Kurt S
CRG

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 03:11:44 PM »
Thanks, Kurt.  With a place on a lake in the humid piedmont of NC, I know all about desiccant use, but I had never seen a car bag --or after googling it, a car jacket.

Hey Dave, take a look http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/69A1798A-1A1.aspx#customerReview
If nothing else, you really ought to consider a couple of 100 watt light bulbs in a moist garage...

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2008, 09:39:47 PM »
Kurt and Phillip:

Thanks for the info and web site. This looks like it could be the answer to all Midwesterners concerns regarding weather and rodents!!!!!!!!!!
We will definetly look for items like this at some of the bigger car shows, like Iola this year.

Dave

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008, 02:26:09 AM »
Whoops!  Sorry Hotrod, I read Kurt's post weeks ago, and didn't catch yours...  Actually, I'm up in Marion now (Got a promotion, I think!?!), not in the Winston area.  All that ice swept up over us and never hit the ground.  Instead, it dumped on you guys.  Are you coming to the Charlotte Autofair in April?

Hey, Dave, got the mechanical stuff done and now working on the body/decloning/painting stuff.  Ran into some serious rust in the cowl (even though the previous owner said they had "fixed" that).  Believe it or not, the owner of the shop we're working out of had the right part on one of his parts cars.  Must be living right...

Pex68

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008, 07:12:59 PM »
OK, now you've got my interest up... Do you mean "seal the car" by "bag"?  Is there an effective way to seal up a car without just trapping in the moisture.  I know it is done with boats, but I've always presummed that worked because boats don't rust.  My two garages are full of cars and I've got to get rid of some or find alternate storage.

Phill, Dave,
Look up CarCapsule  It's what you need.  They even have one you can keep outdoors.
Chris P
1968 Sequoia Green SS 396/325 M20