Author Topic: NOS weatherstrip question  (Read 2672 times)

l88z16

• View Profile
NOS weatherstrip question
« on: March 08, 2012, 07:46:07 PM »
I know the original assembly line weatherstrip has the white string in it and the later version has the hard plastic piece.When the later version is installed can you tell the difference without looking at the end of it??Also has anyone had success cutting the hard plastic piece out of it???Thanks.

68camaroz28

• View Profile
Re: NOS weatherstrip question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:57:07 AM »
I know the original assembly line weatherstrip has the white string in it and the later version has the hard plastic piece.When the later version is installed can you tell the difference without looking at the end of it??Also has anyone had success cutting the hard plastic piece out of it???Thanks.
My assistance on this is what I have been told and observed so hopefully others will kick in with more informed info. I have the weatherstrip you are referring to and believe from looking at it once installed one would not know difference. I have been told that yes, that hard core is sometimes trimmed to assist with the trunk lid fitting down easier but was also told yea it can be trimmed but its not a piece of cake.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

anything