Author Topic: temp gauge connections  (Read 2993 times)

roper

• View Profile
temp gauge connections
« on: January 12, 2008, 11:36:12 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys its been a long time since my last visit. I'm having a little trouble with my temp gauge and need some help. I noticed that my car seemed to be running hot. I changed the thermostat and still running up against the red mark, the car really didnt seem hot though, so I put a thermomater in the radiator and it read 190 so I dont think I am really overheating. anyway, long and short of it I bought a new gauge from ricks camaro's and started trying to put it in. It fits in alright but on the old one there is a little resistor looking board that wasn't supplied with the new one and the bakelite board that the connector plugs plug into are slightly different and the contactor prongs wont fit on it right for the plug. What do I need to do? When I hooked it up and turned on the key it goes all the way over to the cold side and wont move even when the car is at running temp. I then tried to hook the old one up and it now does the same stinkin thing. I must be hooking it up wrong so could one of you guys help me out and describe how it is supposed to be hooked up? I would greatly apprieciate it. its a 69 with console gauges. Thanks in advance. Steve 

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
Re: temp gauge connections
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 06:19:44 AM »
A couple of my thoughts at your post under originality.  http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=3207.msg20827#msg20827
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

anything