Author Topic: Happy Holidays  (Read 3697 times)

ironman24

• View Profile
Happy Holidays
« on: December 28, 2007, 03:21:17 PM »
Hi all,
  Just wanted to wish all the great people on this forum a Happy Holidays and a safe New Year!  Also wanted to see if anyone made out good with gifts for there cars......
  Santa was good to me.  I got a nice new set of seat covers and seat foam.  New carpet, new sun visors and some nuts and bolt sets to finish up my interior.  That should make for a nice winter project.  I also got new drip moldings. (not looking foward to putting them on.  Looks like its a pian)  but im sure once there on they will look sharp!

Anyone else get any cool stuff?

Charlie

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 04:08:55 PM »
Hey Charlie, the economy must be worst than they say!  I thought every "car guy" begged for new car stuff every chance he/she gets. So, I'm surprised at the lack of response.  I even think Arbor Day is a good excuse to look for parts.  ;)

According to my wife, my new set of rally wheels (finally got the right size for the car) from Classic Muscle was my Christmas present.  Now, I've got to break it to her I'm getting a walnut steering wheel for New Years and getting it painted for Valentine's Day.

BTW, the drip moldings just require a little more time, care and patience.  The final look is well worth the effort! Good luck on your interior work; that's where I have to use more patience.  ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

ironman24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 02:57:53 PM »
Im Surprised too.  Maybe everone is just to busy putting there new toys on there cars.   ;)
I ended up putting the drip moldings on yesterday.  It wasnt that bad at all.  They just needed some patience and they went right on.  And yes they do look good!!   :)

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 04:51:44 PM »
I received a new car cover to keep the dust off while  she sits in the garage, a put together model, several car shirts, and a bunch of  "BIG fan"  Dallas Cowboy stuff.    :)   

Brothers and sisters of this unbelieveable site, I ran on a two vehicle accident last night with three injuries.  One driver did not have his seatbelt on, and the force of the airbag pushed his head into the driver's window.  If he had the seatbelt on he could have walked away.  I used to be a non seatbelt user until I started to see the different injuries of use and non use.
 This may not be the right place for this posting, but if one person reads it, and makes a change of habit, it would save a life.
 Pass it on to your loved ones and friends.

I hope everyone had a good christmas, and I hope your new year will be better than your last.
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired