Author Topic: Trim Tag no X code  (Read 4407 times)

402kid

• View Profile
Trim Tag no X code
« on: December 05, 2007, 03:14:03 AM »
Hi everyone new to the forum. My question is I've 1969 Camaro Convertible with no X code  on it? The Trim Tag reads ST 12467 NOR339934 BDY  TR 725   57 B 05C That all it has on it I have found two on E- BAY the same way built in 05A & 05C. Got photos of tags both Norwood cars. Please anyone who could help answer this question would be a big help to me & explain this.  I found small block cars with X codes on them my car has a real 350 SS motor in it built 0425 HB ON IT BUT DOES NOT MATCH THE VIN.
Again ALAN COLVIN book by the numbers doesn't say anything about this all help greatly appreciate.

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
Re: Trim Tag no X code
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 06:25:48 AM »
There are quite a few convertibles in that time frame that did not receive X codes on the trim tag.

I do not know if there is a known reason for it, but it happened.
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 04:08:37 AM »
The no-x codes are actually split pretty evenly between coupes and convertibles.

When you say it doesn't match, you mean the partial VIN by the oil filter or is there a VIN on the pad.
What axle is under the car and does it match?
Lastly, does the car have style trim (chrome quarter gills)?
Kurt S
CRG

402kid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 01:09:09 AM »
Yes guys it does have a 12 bolt rearend in it but doesn't match the vin. The car has chrome gills the vin on the block is about 1000 # off the vin. on the car # Motor & Transmission numbers match. Any information on the No X Code would be great.