Author Topic: Say hi to the new guy!  (Read 4792 times)

ferrarimanf355

• Kunoichis dig the Z28
    • View Profile
    • Anime News Network
Say hi to the new guy!
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:28:35 AM »
Um, hi guys, I'm ferrarimanf355, but you guys can call me ferrariman. :)

I'm a hardcore car geek, as you can tell from the name. True story: my first word was "Mitsubishi".  8)

Other than cars, I'm also interested in video games, manga, anime and NASCAR.

I guess the reason why I'm posting here is that I think that the first-gen Camaro is one of the most beautiful automotive designs to come out of Detroit in the glory days of the muscle car era. It just looks butch and intimidating. Also, I remember at a very young age, around five years old or so, a time when I rode in a first gen Camaro. A neighbor of mine had this pristine first-gen with white paint and black stripes. (I don't remember much more about the car than that) One day, he asked if I wanted to take a ride in it, and I said yes. My parents let me ride in the Camaro, since he was a trustworthy man. The most vivid image I had of the experience was getting into the back seat, and being pinned there when he stomped on the throttle after getting out of the driveway. The rumble of the V8, the sensation of speed, the magic of old Detroit muscle... I think it was back then that I knew I was a car guy. I've always wanted to own a Camaro ever since, although I also lusted after a Nissan Skyline GT-R, Volkswagen GTI, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and many other hi-performance cars over the years. Still, after all that, I always come back to the first-gen Camaro, mainly because I see it as a blank canvas to paint a work of art with that chiseled body. It can be anything to anyone- a pro tourer, ready to attack twists and turns, a drag racer, a daily driver, a cruiser, a show-off machine... that's what makes it so great, IMHO.

Anyways, sorry about the rambling, I just got all teary-eyed there and waxed poetic. Go ahead and say hi to the new guy! :)

69 4 Speed

• View Profile
Re: Say hi to the new guy!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 04:53:28 PM »
Sorry but I think that "Nissan, VW, and Mitsubshi" and high performance" is an oxymoron in my book. The Germans have built some great cars but VW is not one of them.  The US hasn't built hgh performance cars since the way early 70's.   

Sorry about the generational gap but I've got underwear older than you.  Hey...welcome to the sight.    And enjoy the vision of the old Detroit Muscle.    J.R.

anything