Author Topic: Assembly manuals  (Read 9777 times)

mcp

• View Profile
Assembly manuals
« on: November 18, 2007, 08:05:25 PM »
Does anyone recommend a particular assembly manual?  I have seen a few different ones advertised for sale.  What I am looking for is the most accurate, readability, and visual drawings. 

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: Assembly manuals
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 09:26:36 PM »
Does anyone recommend a particular assembly manual?  I have seen a few different ones advertised for sale.  What I am looking for is the most accurate, readability, and visual drawings. 

The information inside is all the same, only the covers are different.

Paul

Balaclava

• View Profile
    • LaFlamme Family Photo Albums
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 12:25:51 AM »
I also have wondered if they are all the same. Why do some manuals on Ebay say that some pages may be blank or so light that they are hard to read? Other manuals for sale don’t say that. Are there differences in the quality of the print?
Paul
1967 RS Convertible

DAL777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 02:01:44 AM »
In my opinion they are all difficult to read.
The drawings are hard to make out. 
The print is adequate however the diagrams are not very clear.
At least we have somethin to go by!

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 02:04:54 PM »
I also have wondered if they are all the same. Why do some manuals on Ebay say that some pages may be blank or so light that they are hard to read? Other manuals for sale don’t say that. Are there differences in the quality of the print?

The sellers on Ebay that tell you about the balnk pages, etc. are just being honest.  That's how the printer describes what they get from trying to copy original GM manuals.  The arguement for the "bad pages" is you might find something you can use on them.

As for the other sellers... Hey, it's Ebay... Buyer Beware!

What I'd like to know is:  Does anyone from CRG have a copy of an original GM manual? --Or at least seen one in the last few years?  What do the originals look like now?

There are still original (expensive) P&As floating around, which are in pretty good shape.  But I presume there were more of them printed and they got out into the automotive world...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 02:08:52 PM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
The looseleaf '67 and '68 manuals reprinted by Millennium Industries and the bound '69 manual with the green/white cover are of excellent quality.

Others that are copies of copies of copies of copies (ripped off from good ones) aren't so good.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 10:32:01 PM »
I like the looseleaf, given the option that is all I would buy. Does Millennium have a website?

Tom
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

Balaclava

• View Profile
    • LaFlamme Family Photo Albums
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 03:18:56 AM »
The looseleaf '67 and '68 manuals reprinted by Millennium Industries and the bound '69 manual with the green/white cover are of excellent quality.

Others that are copies of copies of copies of copies (ripped off from good ones) aren't so good.

Thanks for the info. I did a search and only found one source for the Millennium Industries manuals at:

http://greenwoodchevyparts.com/parts/la0010.html

Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada. Does anyone know of a source that ships to Canada? Also how can you tell you are getting an original Millennium Industries manual and not a copy of a copy?
Paul
1967 RS Convertible

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 05:56:17 AM »
Does anyone know of a source that ships to Canada? Also how can you tell you are getting an original Millennium Industries manual and not a copy of a copy?

There are several venders on Ebay that ship to Canada.  They usually have a photo of the manual they are selling in the listing.  You could always email them before buying to verify which manual they are selling as well as the shipping cost to Canada.

Here is one such listing:     http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-67-Camaro-factory-assembly-manual-loose-leaf-type_W0QQitemZ260152634675QQihZ016QQcategoryZ34214QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Note:  This is just an example.  I have never personally purchased anything from this vender.     :)

Paul

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 02:03:44 PM »
I've got a 68 MI AIM and it is good quality.  Some of the handwritten dates, etc. are hard to make out and some of the pages have a slight fade.  So, I'm presuming the original looked that way.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 07:09:30 AM »
I have actually seen the original AIM's.
Some day I may be able to clarify some hard to read data in them.....
Kurt S
CRG