Author Topic: 2009 Camaro Pictures  (Read 63244 times)

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
2009 Camaro Pictures
« on: January 07, 2006, 09:04:24 PM »

Video link here:

(link changed by road and track)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 11:33:10 PM by Mark »
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Camaro Pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 02:34:35 AM »
   If that is supposed to what we have all been waiting for - its a huge disappointment to me at least. The new Mustang although much moderized, still has a lot more styling built into the basic shape of the body itself that lets you know in no uncertain terms what it is and it's heritage at a single glance.
   This new camaro look, (I'm using no capital 'c' intentionally here) if the picture shown is a good representation, aside from the induction hood, eggcrate grille, some side window shape, and the rear quarter immitation grilles doesn't give much of a '69 let alone earlier model feel in my estimation - rather it looks a lot like it could be more of a knockoff of one of the new Chrysler models than an early Camaro design.
    I know I'm may be being a bit anal about it - but after having waited this long and watching GM act on it well after just about anybody else who has chosen to do retro models has them out - I would have expected something better. Considering how the GM design guys already had lots good stuff to work from with their own first gen designs over the Ford and Chrysler people in my honest opinion, I would consider they have dropped the ball again if this one ever comes to be...
   As proven with the last generation of Camaros, you can throw in great mechanicals and at decent prices - but if it isn't dressed in a body package that appeals to the masses - it won't sell squat!   
    I still think it looks like it could be hiding a FWD chassis - please tell me my worst fears are not going to come true in that respect... --Randy

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 05:16:06 PM »
Heres the video link.  R&T jumped the gun and GM probably shut them down, but its to late as other people have already copied it and now it resides elsewhere on the web;

mms://c9o.earthcache.net/woc-01.media.globix.net/COMP000787MOD1/roadandtrack/2006/0601_camaro_hi.wmv

Car looks better in the video than in the picture.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 05:57:16 PM by Mark »
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

Buddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 05:40:29 PM »
Can some one supply a downloadable link for this Video. The above link doesn't work for me.

Thanx
Buddy

P.S.  I think it looks pretty good:)

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 05:54:51 PM »
Cut and paste it into your address bar on your browser.  Don't put HTTP:// or www. infront of it, just the text as written and nothing else.  Works fine for me that way.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 05:58:27 PM by Mark »
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

shift1313

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 11:55:37 PM »
I like it.  much better then a 4th gen anyways.

Buddy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 07:02:52 PM »
I tried cut and past and didn't work.

I turned off my firewall and it worked.

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 05:22:03 AM »
Really like the new Camaro.    I agree that it does need some changes that I am sure will happen.  (ie:  the side mirrors, more realistic wheels, etc. )  Overall...not too bad.  However, did anyone see the new challenger for 2007 or 08?  goto: 

http://racedriven.wordpress.com/ 

or goto   

http://www.autoblog.com/2005/07/20/dodge-challenger-concept-set-for-detroit-auto-show/       

or google it.  WOW, did Dodge hit this one out of the park.  The whole car does it for me, and with their new platforms...OMG.  Do be honest, I have owned 4 first gen Camaros and the closet I have ever gotten to dodge is my 70 Plymouth Duster and my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  This Challenger go past where the Camaro prototype falls short.  Even has great pics of the engine and interior.  Going only by what I have seen and read, I would have to say the Challenger is my choice.  Guess Ill see when I can touch and fee them and acutally buy one.  I'm ready for another car wars go get my money.  The Camaro looks forced together to obtain the 69 Highlights (falls short at the taillights though).  Whereas, the Challenger hit it on the head.  Nicely done.  Guess I'll wait to see what the final Camaro looks like.  I have owned (4) first gen Camaros and love them all and will probably build a 5th pre tour machine soon.  I am trying to be brand loyal.  But Chevy needs to tweek the proto a little to get me to buy...otherwise I may go to Dodge and see what they have.  Don't get me wrong, I love that GM is doing something finally and it looks great, but I will need more info and pricing to lay down my money.  Challenger was one of my favorites mopars growing up and I could have easily swayed that way back then.  The same may still hold true.   SO wait and see. 

DeanZ10

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 04:52:01 PM »
No where near what they need to do to compete with the challenger and mustang!!
I pray they go back to the drawing board! Although, I guess for those of us who own a first gen camaro,
This car will certainally keep up our prices!!

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 09:26:57 PM »
I have to agree with Dutch.  This is a camaro --lower case "c".  That seems to be GM's problem.  It is good that the name Camaro may get back into the GM line, however.  I hope they will refine it (and retro it) quite a bit before it comes out.  And why wait till 2009?!?   :( >:( ???
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

ferrarimanf355

• Kunoichis dig the Z28
    • View Profile
    • Anime News Network
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 05:49:54 AM »
Yuck. This is a CINO (Camaro In Name Only). I honestly thought that there was no way GM would screw this up. I should learn not to hope. :( Personally, I think GM needs to go back to the drawing board and make a modern reinterpritation of the '69, much like how the Challenger concept is a modern reinterpritation of the 1970 model. (although I hear the front grill was based of the '71 model...) The design of the Challenger is a grand slam for Dodge, while the camaro (lower case "c" for me, too...) is an inning ending, double play-inducing groundout to the second baseman. Sad, really. :(

buds396

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 02:27:16 PM »
Keep in mind this is a concept car.  Seeing the car unveiled on Monday was an opportunity of a life time.  The interior of the concept car was wild.  If they build the car with the same interior I'll buy one for sure.  I don't think the 21" in front and 22" rear tires will be offered.  The lines are great and watching it go down Main Street, as Chevy called it, the car had a very mean and nasty stance.  The car really gives off a bad attitude appearance.   Hold your finial opinions until you see the car in person.  There will be one of the two Camaro Concept cars at the Camaro Nationals at Carlisle in June, take a look.

As far as the Challengar, it was there too.  It is very much like the Camaro Concept.  In fact they are very similar.  It looks very different from the pictures that were printed.  I don't know if it was the orange color but it didn't look as nasty.
1968 RS/SS L78
Reading, Pa.

sshippe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 04:38:01 PM »
I agree with Buds 396.  I saw the red car yesterday at the LA Autoshow and it does have an attitude.  It's much better in person than in the pics. 

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 04:48:00 AM »
I hope it will be affordable for the working class.
A R/S (hidden headlight) grille would be nice as an option also.

John
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

ferrarimanf355

• Kunoichis dig the Z28
    • View Profile
    • Anime News Network
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 05:28:34 AM »
Keep in mind this is a concept car. Seeing the car unveiled on Monday was an opportunity of a life time. The interior of the concept car was wild. If they build the car with the same interior I'll buy one for sure. I don't think the 21" in front and 22" rear tires will be offered. The lines are great and watching it go down Main Street, as Chevy called it, the car had a very mean and nasty stance. The car really gives off a bad attitude appearance. Hold your finial opinions until you see the car in person. There will be one of the two Camaro Concept cars at the Camaro Nationals at Carlisle in June, take a look.

As far as the Challengar, it was there too. It is very much like the Camaro Concept. In fact they are very similar. It looks very different from the pictures that were printed. I don't know if it was the orange color but it didn't look as nasty.

I don't know. You could be right, and it could be better in person... but you know what they say about first impressions, and it's looking grim to me. I really thought GM would do it right. Instead, they appear to use the designers of the Pontiac Aztek to curn out this turd. I will give them credit for using the LS2 V8 and making it rear wheel drive, because a front wheel drive Camaro would be the sign of the Rapture... but as is, the CINO is the third ugliest car design I ever laid my eyes on. (The only cars that beat it in the "crashed into an ugly stick" department are the Aztek and the Enzo Ferrari. Sorry, but if I pay $650,000 supercar that does 210 MPH, I shouldn't have to park it in a secluded place for fear of the Saleen S7 and Lamborghini owners laughing at how ugly my supercar is...)
I say fire the designers responsible for this travesty, bring in designers with taste and buy them a mint condition '69 coupe so they can have something to work with.

anything