Author Topic: Correct side window replacement glass  (Read 3764 times)

mrdetails

• View Profile
Correct side window replacement glass
« on: October 02, 2007, 04:31:00 PM »
Hello: I have been searching for correct side window replacement glass for a while with no luck. My original windows have a radius at the upper back corner, approx 1". All GM coupes that I've seen also have this radius. I guess it to protect thte weather strip from tearing when the wingow rolls up. All the suppliers I've talked to say they supply glass for concourse restorations and haven't gotten any complaints but the corner is square :D :(. I can't understand this, somebody must of complained. Are correct windows available? What do the concorse restorers use? Maybe Jerry MacNeish can help, I hope. Thank you in advance for your input.
Sam

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Correct side window replacement glass
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 07:48:25 PM »
My '69 has all of its original glass, and the rear upper corner of the side window glass has about a 1/4" radius on one side, and about 1/4"-3/8" radius on the other side. Don't know how you'd ever seal that corner if the glass had a 1" radius.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

mrdetails

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 07:53:46 PM »
My mistake JohnZ, 1/2" radius... 1" dia. from the original windows from my 01D Los Angles 1969 camaro.
Thks.:
Sam

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 12:46:20 AM »
I used Pilkington and my car with zero problems and had the date codes etched using my original glass etchings as a template.
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise

mrdetails

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 01:37:45 PM »
Jonsey: I called Pilkington and they said the corner was square not radiused. Were your windows square cornered or radiused? I would just like to put something back in that matches what I took out.
Thks.:
Sam