Author Topic: Horn Buttons  (Read 3395 times)

mrdetails

• View Profile
Horn Buttons
« on: October 01, 2007, 07:56:58 PM »
Hello: I have a repo steering wheel shroud, repo horn buttons and the spring and pin that are supose to make contact with the cancelation cam in the column. The buttons have wires hanging from them that are striped on the free end. I cant figure out how they are supose to connect to the pin. I looked in the service manual (the picture was small) and it appeared that the shroud had a spade connector in the middle that the wires hooked to. It also showed another wire comming from the spring that appeared to plug into the shroud. This piece isn't listed in any of the supplier catalogs. Does any one have a photo that shows this connection? Is their indeed another wire that is connected to the spring? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thks.:
Sam

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
Re: Horn Buttons
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 03:50:36 AM »
The two wires from the contacts/buttons are joined together with a bell-shaped connector. There is also a plastic collar that is around the two wires that snugs it into the plastic tube in the column.

I just re-used the original contacts and wires w/bell-shaped connecter and plastic collar since the repos aren't complete.
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

mrdetails

• View Profile
Re: Horn Buttons
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 01:40:51 PM »
Thanks Dave. I don't have any original parts as the original wheel was gone and replaced with a later model Camaro/Firebird wheel. I think I can make something up from your description.
Sam

anything