Poll

If a Trim Tag is missing from a car should it be replaced?

Yes
No
It depends

Author Topic: Missing Trim Tags  (Read 3996 times)

Flowjoe

• View Profile
Missing Trim Tags
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:14:40 PM »
Sparked by my question here on the missing Trim Tag on the '69 convertible I have (Here is a link to the discussion I started http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=2690.0).  I'd be interested in the reasons for your responses if you are willing to give them.

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Trim Tags
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:27:19 PM »
Here is my question regarding your survey before I vote.
What information would you submit to put on the replacement trim tag and where is this information coming from to do so?

Dave

Flowjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 12:23:59 AM »
A reasonable question. 

I saw this as a two part question based on the discussion in my previous thread.  The first part  is whether the missing tag should be replaced at all.  The second is what information should go onto it.  I did not see a clear path for a poll question to address the second part. So I figured I'd start by seeing if there was a majority in favor of or opposed to Trim Tag replacement.  If the majority is a negative response then the second part...what should go on it, becomes a moot point. If the majority points to replacing the tag then it would be worthwhile to try and formulate a poll that woudl help create some sort of consensus as to how the replacement tag should be configured...Basically aimed at creating an acceptable standard for dealing with these missing items within the hobbyist community.

Does that make sense?

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 01:02:26 PM »
Flowjoe,

I think you are right.  First, you determine the "sanctity" surrounding the group's opinion about trim tags.  After that, the second part is hard to determine.  I suppose you could break each piece of the question into parts that only allow a yes or no opinion --including the sources of your information.

While I'm not surprised at the direction of the vote, thus far, I do wish more folks would at least vote.  At the least you need fifty voting to determine any opinion.  Actually, to be considered a valid poll of the members, it would require around 160 votes (10%).  Thus far, I've not seen any poll here get much more than half that number.

So... you guys help him out and vote!
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

anything