Author Topic: quotes button  (Read 11842 times)

My68SS

• View Profile
quotes button
« on: May 02, 2006, 07:17:10 PM »
Hey great site guys n gals.
I'm new here and will be spending as much time as I can asking questions and helping others as much as I can.

One site issue, the behaviour of the 'quote' button is somewhat annoying. When highlighting a bit of text in my reply box that I want to appear as a quote, when I click the quote button it puts both opening and closing quotes at the end of the highlighted text.
Any way to change that so the opening quote appears at the start of the highlighted text?
Not a huge issue, just what I'm used to.   :)
Rob
1968 12C SS
L34/M40
12 bolt posi 3.55

DougD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: quotes button
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 07:19:24 PM »
Hey great site guys n gals.
I'm new here and will be spending as much time as I can asking questions and helping others as much as I can.

One site issue, the behaviour of the 'quote' button is somewhat annoying. When highlighting a bit of text in my reply box that I want to appear as a quote, when I click the quote button it puts both opening and closing quotes at the end of the highlighted text.
Any way to change that so the opening quote appears at the start of the highlighted text?
Not a huge issue, just what I'm used to.   :)

The function of the quote button is to quote the entire message that you are clicking "quote" within.  It is functioning as it is supposed to.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 02:57:08 PM »
After you hit the "quote" button and the quoted message text shows up in the reply box, just highlight the text you don't want to appear in your reply and hit "delete"; that way you don't have to have the entire message appear in your reply - only the part you want to respond to.  :)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

My68SS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 02:41:44 AM »
oh sorry, i meant the quote button just above the reply box, second in from right
Rob
1968 12C SS
L34/M40
12 bolt posi 3.55

anything