Author Topic: signal switch wires  (Read 5668 times)

420GOAT

• View Profile
signal switch wires
« on: September 14, 2007, 03:16:52 PM »
hello...i cant find any diagrams on what color wires and how many are supposed to come down to the horseshoe plug..........i have a chassis manual that indicates the ones from the plug to the harness.......when i refered to my wireing diagram it stated that it only showed wires pertinent to the harness....any help is gratefully welcomed since i want to get this done this weekend to take to the chp for inspection, get a vin tag, and register this rig.....also my driver side blinker works except when my headlights are on.....and is much brighter than the pass side and both bulbs are from the same pack.....oh and my hazzards dont work...also installed two new flashers.
I AM AT MY DESK MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BEACH, SAND, AND 420!!!

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: signal switch wires
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 11:15:52 PM »
Can you give us a clue as to the year of the car?
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

420GOAT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 02:50:13 AM »
Sorry i forgot..........it is a 67 standard camaro with a flloor shift......i went to the junkyard and found a 67-68 chevy truck........but it had two blue and two light blue wires....i checked the switch and i feel it is ok. i have the colors coresponding connected........at switch the dk blue flashes with a test light. but at the light itself it wont flash..park lamp turns on at half pull....with headlights on they wont be on....normal. the driver park is very bright.......flashes normal when nothing is on.....but the pass. is dim and doesnt flash....... rear lamps flash with switch and hazards.......brake lights work too. i checked my grounds to the park lamps and the passenger headlight ground is not grounded yet........thank you and my apologies once again.

420GOAT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 09:24:55 PM »
today i tried to start the car....nothing i checked the switch...harness where the nuetral safety switch runs to....so i found the firewall plug was not contacting the purple wire....so I was wondering if this is the case with my blue wire to the turn signal? ill check today after work and see.

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 01:54:09 AM »
Or a bad ground on the signal light and/or headlight?
68Z28

hotrod68

• almost finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 03:05:16 AM »
Goat--you can pick up a wiring diagram from almost any Camaro restoration company. I went though mine with colored markers for each wiring circuit--sure makes tracing them easier! And on the dim signal light--this may sound dumb but I've done it myself--are the pins on the right slots in the socket? You can put the bulbs in 180-degrees out of alignment and it will do exactly what you describe because it reverses the polarity of the filaments in the bulb. There is a high pin and a low pin on the bulb, and they have to fit the right slots to work right. Also, be sure you have an 1157 bulb! That's my 2 cents and good luck!
HotRod'68  1968 SS350 coupe undergoing frame-off resto/rod. 386/350/4.11s
Butternut Yellow    black standard interior

anything