Author Topic: pearl ivory or parchment??  (Read 6335 times)

cabinrange

• View Profile
pearl ivory or parchment??
« on: February 02, 2008, 10:43:17 PM »
   Hi
   I hope someone can help me.
   I own a 1968 camaro coupe with "deluxe" interior. The color is RPO-730 "parchment"
   My question is; what is this "pearl" or "pearl/parchment" that I'm seeing in the restoration market houses? Is this the same color as RPO-730 "parchment" or is it RPO-711 "ivory" or a different hue all together??
   thanx-a-lot

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: pearl ivory or parchment??
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:47:48 AM »
Two different colors although they are very close.  The Ivory has the pearl in the vinyl.  The parchment does not.

Also, 730 has white window trim with black headliner.  Pretty ugly.  The 711 has black trim.......much better.  I have no clue what GM was thinking during the design process here.

Jerry

cabinrange

• View Profile
Re: pearl ivory or parchment??
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 09:30:35 PM »

So if the restoration houses say "PEARL" they're really talking "IVORY" (711)

That clarifies it greatly, and then some......thanx Jerry

And even though my car is a numbers matching unrestored survivor: I had always suspected something was not right with the interior of my car - what with that parchment trim framing the black headliner. It looks totally wrong and totally stupid! But at least now I've got the correct answer to those who doubt whether my interior is original. What was Chevy thinking indeed.

thanx again,
   Scott