Author Topic: Interior Question  (Read 5208 times)

69L89Conv

• View Profile
Interior Question
« on: September 04, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »
I currently own a 1969 Camaro SS/RS Convertible. It has been restored by the previous owner, and is terrific, but, the interior is wrong. For some reason a deluxe (712) black interior was installed and the trim tag says it should be a standard (711) black interior. Also, electric windows were replaced with manual. Is it worth the trouble and expense to change back to the way it was born? I have the Protecto Plate, dealer invoice, and original window sticker, so I know what it should have. Any guidance is appreciated, I suppose these are not huge problems, but they bug me. I really like the looks of the deluxe interior over the standard.
1969 RS/SS Conv L89 396/375

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Interior Question
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 01:27:56 AM »
Originality is a good thing... always.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

KevinK

• View Profile
    • Hudson Valley Camaro
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 12:32:44 PM »
 Original is always good, ...but the question is, what are your plans with the car?
  ...if your not having it judged, (especially since you like the deluxe interior), ...I'd leave it.
  ...as for leaving out the power windows, ...my guess that was a cost thing. Personally, ...if my car had PW, ...I'd be puting them back in.
  Bottom line, ...it's what you want out of the car...

ironman24

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 05:05:06 PM »
I agree with KevinK,  Original is good but what you need to ask yourself is what do you like!  If you like the deluxe interior i would leave it and enjoy the car.  Maybe someday if you ever want to sell it then you can make the changes back to original as im sure it would increase the value and make the check you get bigger!  ;D

duntov3030

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 07:35:25 PM »
The good thing in all this is that nothing has been done to the car that can't be un-done, thus value is not affected IMO.  The others here make good points.  Enjoy what you like.  You can always undo the changes and make it "correct" again if/when you decide.
Butch

'67 Z/28 RS Tuxedo Black

69L89Conv

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 10:00:01 PM »
You all have made very valid points. I do not plan on showing this car. I only want to drive and enjoy it It is great fun, and I like the way it looks and I like the way it drives. I believe I will let the next owner worry about what was original and what was not. Thanks for your input!
1969 RS/SS Conv L89 396/375