Author Topic: IROC wheels on a first gen  (Read 7068 times)

420GOAT

• View Profile
IROC wheels on a first gen
« on: August 15, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »
has anyone ever put these on a first gen?....if so any issue...i want to put 16 inch irocs from an 88 on.........anyone?
I AM AT MY DESK MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BEACH, SAND, AND 420!!!

sd1968z28

• View Profile
Re: IROC wheels on a first gen
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:22:18 PM »
i put old style rallys on a 85 camaro once, fit fine.  so i don't see any reason you couldn't put the iroc wheels on a first gen.  lets see some pics?

tim69camaro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 01:17:13 AM »
I put Iroc wheels on my 1981 Z28 years ago. I had to put the front on the rear and use wheel spacers with longer studs to get clearance on the control arms. It still required some work. I tried them on my 69 one time and it was even farther from fitting. I am certain you can make them work with some effort, but it will not be a direct bolt on because of the big difference in wheel offset or backspacing depending on what you want to call it. Good luck.
Tim Bailey

420GOAT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 04:28:40 PM »
yeah thanks....i dont want that hassle....im gonna get four wheel disc kit from cpp, and wanted some wheels to show my cross drilled rotors.....cant spend a grand on whheels yet.....but can get some double line irocs for a song.........ill probably go with rallys...or buy em to tade/sell......thanks.
I AM AT MY DESK MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BEACH, SAND, AND 420!!!