Author Topic: Does autometer make a wiring harness for gauges?  (Read 5163 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Does autometer make a wiring harness for gauges?
« on: August 18, 2007, 09:12:03 PM »
Is there any manufacturer that makes a wiring harness for autometer gauges.  I am installing all new autometer gauges, speedo, tach, volt, fuel, oil, and temp.  I have already installed an American Autowire wiring for the entire car.  Autometer requires all different size and configuration connectors for the back of all the gauges.  Instead of making about 20 something female wire ends I was wondering if there is a harness out there that has the correct connectors already and all I have to do is connect the wires.

Thanks,

Steve

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: Does autometer make a wiring harness for gauges?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 07:22:14 PM »
No they do not.  However, Covan Classics, the guys who make aftermarket dash bezels, sells a wiring harness for autometer gauges and does sell them separately. 

67camarorsss

• View Profile
Re: Does autometer make a wiring harness for gauges?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 09:29:49 PM »
I don't know if the make them per se, but I do know that M&H Electrical Fabricators will custom make a harness for you. Check it out http://www.wiringharness.com/

BTW, I had them refurbish my old harnesses (67 power windows and underdash w/gauges for RS as well as light harness for RS - all got new connectors and were rewraped in OEM materials) and I bought new what was to far gone to be fixed.

Also one of the owners (can't remember his 1st name but his last name is Marquez - the "M" in M&H) has a 68 with the tic-tok-tach. Needing a harness is what got him into the business. I believe Super Chevy ran an article on him back in the 80's.
- 1967 RS/SS 396/TH400 (loaded clone restification)
- 1998 Z28 LS1/M6 (daily driver)
- 2002 Z28 LS1/4L60E (12 sec toy/bookend to the 67)