Author Topic: Super Chevy Show in KC Missouri  (Read 5567 times)

Chris_Pisane

• View Profile
Super Chevy Show in KC Missouri
« on: August 08, 2007, 01:45:50 AM »
Anyone from here going to KC Super Chevy?
Chris Pisane....Fathom green 69 z/28 ,Lemans blue 69 JL8 Z/28 http://cpisane.photosite.com/

camaromikey

• View Profile
Re: Super Chevy Show in KC Missouri
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 04:05:20 AM »
Is anyone going to the show in Joliet, IL this weekend?

snowballfisher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 09:01:26 PM »
What date is the KC show?

Chris_Pisane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 02:43:38 AM »
I went there.

It was pretty lame. I was terribly unorganized.when we were going to the track we werent even sure we were in the right place because Super Chevy  didnt even put a banner or anything by the road.But then there was nothing by the road that said it was KCIR either.

Ive been to first year shows put on by organizations such as band boosters,run by soccer moms,that were more carefully planned out.The show car area was situated in a place where a sewage smell overwhelmed  you most of the day.The swap meet area had about 15 vendors on Saturday and about 2 on Sunday.Oh yeah, the porta pottys were full after the first day. And werent pumped out at all. I actually saw a woman on Sunday walk her small girl child into the middle of a field to go the bathroom because the Pottys were so disgusting.

The goody bag consisted of a Ricks catalog,a dash plaque,a super chevy magazine,some Jegs stickers, and a entry form for a pro charger giveaway.Lame!

Dont get me wrong,its not like Im a sour grapes loser. I got an outstanding award. But it is the cheapest looking award Ive ever got.Even my 11 year old thought it was cheap looking. Ive been to cruise ins that cost nothing to enter that gave out nicer plaques.I did miss when my name was called because I was watching the drag races. The award were supposed to be given out at 4:00 pm. At 3:20 pm another participant I was sitting by got a call from his buddy on a cell phone telling him to get down there because they started the awards early.I would have missed most of it otherwise.

To me the super chevy show in KC was a non stop commercical for Pro Chargers.

On the Up side the people I parked by were really cool,,In fact we all saved spots for each other for Sunday we liked each other so much.The participants were nice people.I enjoyed them.Most everyone I met in the KC area were really nice people.The organizers need help. I wont return in the near future unless it gets high ratings from others. The people I talked to that had attended SC shows before Said Memphis and Indy are way better,Memphis got the highest rating. That is, for people in the Mid west like me.

Ive been to the Power-Fest in E St.louis, and Monster Mopar in  E  St.Louis and they were at least 50 times better than this event.

Its times like this when I wish I had two more hand, so I could give it 4 thumbs down.
 >:(
Chris Pisane....Fathom green 69 z/28 ,Lemans blue 69 JL8 Z/28 http://cpisane.photosite.com/

Jonesy

• 1969 Camaro z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 03:25:35 AM »
I went to Super Chevy Memphis and it was lame also. It was about 15 years ago, though. There wasnt much of anything there for cars.
The drag races were about the only thing worth seeing.
1967 RS-Z/28 Nantucket Blue the D-2 car
1969 RS/SS 350 4 speed Azure Turquoise
1969 Z28 Azure Turquoise