Author Topic: The PatriotDream.org 68 Camaro project  (Read 105813 times)

4birdman

• View Profile
The PatriotDream.org 68 Camaro project
« on: August 08, 2007, 01:39:13 AM »
For those of you interested, I figured I's just start a fresh post instead of digging for an old jumbled up one.

We're building a 68 Camaro for my brother-in-law who is currently in Iraq. We recieved a bunch of donations and purchased a car. We've also received a ton of parts from various individuals and businesses and are on our way to building a hell of a car. If you are interested in following the project, please visit our website at http://www.patriotdream.org and follow along or find out how you can help!

So the project is to turn this:

Into this:

Before Shawn gets home in July of 08!

olympic69

• View Profile
Re: The PatriotDream.org 68 Camaro project
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 02:36:12 AM »
Congratulations on your persistence! I hope to make a donation soon-
Rob
Olympic Gold X33

"Its all crazy..."

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 11:01:58 AM »
Thanks! It is really starting to come together. I got some more new parts in the mail last night, I'll take pictures tonight and post them up.  ;D

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:25:53 PM »
Custom show plate and cowl hood panel donated by Undercover Innovations. These things are NICE! They're gonna look great on the car. Pardon the terrible pictures, I am in the process of reorganizing and laying new floor down in the shop for the arrival of the Camaro and it is a mess in there!

and some LS6 springs and LS1 injectors I purchased off of LS1tech.com

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 01:00:30 AM »
Outer wheelhouses donated by Lutty's Chevys!

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 06:29:18 PM »
Carbon fiber header gaskets and LED taillights donated by MuscleRodz!

Automotive rotisserie donated by AutoTwirler! (going to assemble tomorrow, this is just off the truck!)

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 02:41:51 AM »
Drilled and slotted LS1 rotors donated by RotorsOnline.com!

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 03:00:30 AM »
Just got back from the TA Nationals, so I haven't had a chance to get the 2" cowl hood that Firewheel Classics donated home yet, it's in my office at work.

But I did get a LS1 master cylinder from a good friend of mine.

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 06:48:24 PM »
Got some new goodies today!

Steel 2" cowl hood donated by Firewheel Classics. This thing is SWEET and is gonna look killer on the car!

Also got a new gas tank and RS grille donated by Eckler's Camaro. These are gonna look sweet as well!

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 11:34:50 PM »
Got a new black carpet set in today donated by Rick's First Gen!

Sept 29th is the day we're grabbing the car. The truck is reserved and the trailer borrowed, the build officially begins on Sept. 30th!

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 02:09:20 AM »
Got some new parts in! Thanks to WS6 on the pro-touring board for donating this LS1 valley pan!

And thanks to Gail Day Automotive Memorabilia for donating this T56 6-spd shift ball!

And we also recieved this blue LED Raptor shift light donated by R&D Speed!

I also just got back from AutoFair yesterday. I took a bunch of flyers and handed out about 50 to different vendors and told them what I was doing. Most of them seemed very interested, and all listened to me, so that was cool! I got the shift ball from a vendor, hopefully we get some more from it as everyone gets back home from the show!

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
It is all set up to pick up the car on the 29th. The guy installed new front floorboards, a new door skin, a hood, and a new dash panel. Here are the pics he sent me so I know what I'm picking up on the 29th.  8)

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 12:33:06 AM »
Got some more goodies in today! Toyo tires has generously donated a set of Proxes 4 tires - 245/45ZR17 for the front and 275/45ZR17s for the back.

And my little boy can't wait to have his Uncle Shawn back home!

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 12:47:49 AM »
And also dropped the 5.3L off at HRT Performance today for the rebuild! These guys know their stuff and are good guys to deal with. Helps that Joel is a good friend, but I'd take my work there anyway. :D

And check out those sexy powdercoated AMC valve covers on the bench. (yes, I do their powdercoating for them :lol: )

4birdman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 02:18:44 AM »
OK, quick update here! I've been busy trying to sell off the extra parts to fund the AirRide setup for the car. AirRide is sponsoring us at a discounted price, so we want to jump all over it. Right now here are some photos of the car in the shop, along with the final rendering from Ben. Note the stripe on the cowl that he came up with and the Wheel Vintiques V40 wheels.

We also received a set of brand new black front and rear seat covers thanks to 78ta.com!