Author Topic: Where is my POP ?  (Read 6609 times)

snowballfisher

• View Profile
Where is my POP ?
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:59:05 PM »
I've found plenty of information on the board breaking down the codes from the Protect-O-Plate, and I understand what it looks like, but where are they located?  Was this just loose equipment form the factory, or should my '68 have one affixed somewhere on the car?  I'd really like to get the low down on the options other than cowl tag and VIN. 

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Where is my POP ?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 08:07:36 PM »
It was attached to the inside back page of the warranty booklet. Most have been tossed by now, but sometimes you get lucky and a prior owner still has it!

Ed

fireZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:31:49 PM »
I was lucky and found the POP for my 68 Z was on top of the heater control cables under the dash. There was a large piece of my glove box cardboard missing and it must have slipped through the opening at sometime. When I bought the car the original owner did not know were it was but said he had last remembered it in the glove box with some maps and reciepts. He said he probably threw it out while cleaning out the glove box at some time. I was very surprised when I took  the car apart for restoration and came across it. Dreams do come true.Take a good look.
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 12:09:09 AM »
If it didn't come with the car...
If you haven't already, research the ownership history of your car.  A previous owner may have it in a pile of papers somewhere.
And check the Orphans section here at CRG!

Good luck!
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

snowballfisher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 02:04:10 AM »
Thanks guys, I was afraid it was a loose equipment type of thing.  I'm surprised any of them still exist.  Man I sure would like to have that info.  So without the POP, I probably have no way of telling which 396 mine came with?  It's not the original 396 in the car right now, but I believe everything else to match.

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 02:12:55 AM »
Did you by any chance find an old service work order in the glove box or in papers you obtained when you bought the car?

Steve
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:17:10 AM by Steve68 »

snowballfisher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 02:30:08 AM »
no, nothing