Author Topic: power top motor  (Read 5968 times)

dews 67

• View Profile
power top motor
« on: December 31, 2005, 02:48:54 AM »
Didn't see a topic on this.
I had to put new lines on power top motor on a 67. Sticker on power top calls for type A fluid. They dont make type A anymore. Wonder what trans fluid would be recommended? Thinking type f. Other question is, How do you get the air out of the lines? Only have a small fill hole on the motor. Didn't see a bleeder on the system.  Any tips.. Thanks

PACE&Z2869

• View Profile
Re: power top motor
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 11:23:39 AM »
HELLO. THE WAY I DID MY POWER TOP MOTOR AND LINES WAS TO CAREFULLY WORK THE TOP BACK AND FORTH A FEW TIMES TO EMPTY OUT THE ACTUATORS. (LINES UNHOOKED FROM PUMP.) I THEN STARTED WITH THE TOP UP. EMERSE THE ONE LINE( THE ONE THAT WILL BE DRAWING FLUID WHEN YOU SLOWLY PUSH THE TOP DOWN MANUALLY. YOU MUST DO THIS VERY SLOWLY!!) USE A SMALL BUCKET OF TRANSMISSION FLUID AND MAKE SURE THE LINE STAYS SUBMERSED AND YOU HAVE PLENTY OF FLUID TO DRAW. ONCE YOU HAVE THE ACTUATORS FULL YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO HOOK UP THE LINES TO THE EMPTY PUMP. (REMEMBER THE PUMP DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH ROOM TO HOLD ALL THE FLUID FROM THE ACTUATORS. ITS JOB IS TO TRANSFER FLUID ONLY!) CYCLE THE TOP A FEW TIMES (YOU MAY HAVE TO ASSIST IT) ADD SMALL AMOUNTS OF FLUID TO PUMP AS NEEDED TO WORK OUT ANY AIR THATS IN THE SYSTEM. IF YOU PUT TO MUCH FLUID IN THE SYSTEM IT WILL MAKE A MESS. HOPE THIS HELPS. PACE&Z2869
PACE&Z2869

dews 67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:39:26 AM »
Will try this. Thanks for the tip. Thanks..

sebastien

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 05:41:03 AM »
Sebastien 68  327 rag top