CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 06:32:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
107655 Posts in 12513 Topics by 4814 Members
Latest Member: speedyb
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  fan clutch length
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: fan clutch length  (Read 1568 times)
johnny67

View Profile Email
« on: August 04, 2007, 12:43:10 AM »

can't remember which dealer classic or ricks etc... that I saw offered fan clutches with different lenght shafts? or did I dream it all?  I need to get my fan deeper into the shroud by at least a half an inch to an inch
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 12:47:22 AM by johnny67 » Logged

Johnny, 67' Camaro 396BB black on black.
dutch

Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 10:40:05 PM »

can't remember which dealer classic or ricks etc... that I saw offered fan clutches with different lenght shafts? or did I dream it all?  I need to get my fan deeper into the shroud by at least a half an inch to an inch

I don't know about the fan shaft itself but I have seen spacers that sit between the pulley face and the shaft itself to space out the fan somewhat. Most that I recall were made from aluminim and I'm sure could be easily cut down down to any given thickness for a specific application. Seems to me maybe Moroso or  Mr. Gasket was the brand on the packaging but its been a while since I have seen any around.
Google something or check out Jegs or Summit and see what you come up with... It really wouldn't be very hard to make something up for a .5"- 1.0" thick spacer from round bar stock that matches the flange diameter of the original shaft. Then just measure the bolt pattern and drill a set of holes accurately and get some longer bolts you're all set - Randy
johnny67

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 11:23:23 PM »

thanks, but I still want to stay with the stock look.  Here is a picture with a tape measure because I cannot figure out why the fan is not at least half way into the shroud??

Huh

Johnny, 67' Camaro 396BB black on black.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: