Author Topic: fan clutch length  (Read 4159 times)

johnny67

• View Profile
fan clutch length
« on: August 04, 2007, 05:43:10 AM »
 can't remember which dealer classic or ricks etc... that I saw offered fan clutches with different lenght shafts? or did I dream it all?  I need to get my fan deeper into the shroud by at least a half an inch to an inch
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 05:47:22 AM by johnny67 »
Johnny, 67' Camaro 396BB black on black.

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Re: fan clutch length
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:40:05 AM »
can't remember which dealer classic or ricks etc... that I saw offered fan clutches with different lenght shafts? or did I dream it all?  I need to get my fan deeper into the shroud by at least a half an inch to an inch

I don't know about the fan shaft itself but I have seen spacers that sit between the pulley face and the shaft itself to space out the fan somewhat. Most that I recall were made from aluminim and I'm sure could be easily cut down down to any given thickness for a specific application. Seems to me maybe Moroso or  Mr. Gasket was the brand on the packaging but its been a while since I have seen any around.
Google something or check out Jegs or Summit and see what you come up with... It really wouldn't be very hard to make something up for a .5"- 1.0" thick spacer from round bar stock that matches the flange diameter of the original shaft. Then just measure the bolt pattern and drill a set of holes accurately and get some longer bolts you're all set - Randy

johnny67

• View Profile
Re: fan clutch length
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 04:23:23 AM »
thanks, but I still want to stay with the stock look.  Here is a picture with a tape measure because I cannot figure out why the fan is not at least half way into the shroud??

???
Johnny, 67' Camaro 396BB black on black.

anything