Author Topic: Recommended Shop in Northern Colorado? Electrical  (Read 6881 times)

67L48

• View Profile
Recommended Shop in Northern Colorado? Electrical
« on: July 30, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »
Need to have my brake lights worked on by a professional.  Tried all the easy stuff and they all check out.  I live in Fort Collins (80525) and wondered if anyone here had any recommendations.  Thanks.

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
PG, factory air, console, fold down rear seat, PS, PB, butternut yellow, #s matching, original manual/warranty/POP, <60K miles
Northeast Iowa

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Recommended Shop in Northern Colorado? Electrical
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 09:21:49 PM »
Larry Christensen, Camaros Plus, 303-287-8536, Arvada area.

Jerry

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »
Sorry, 303-278-8536,

JM

67L48

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 03:53:25 PM »
Jerry,

Thanks for the recommendation.  I didn't go down there because I don't have a ride.  My wife and kids are out of town visiting family and I'm trying to get my camaro up and running before they get home -- it's been out of commission for nearly 2 years with the brake light issue and my 6-year-old is infatuated with the car.  Really wanted to get it going as a surprise when they get back.

I ended up using a shop in Fort Collins:  Gilsdorf Garage.  Seemed to have good feedback online and have quite a few old cars in their lot and the mechanic I've been working with has a 3rd gen Camaro.  I've been really pleased with the service I received so far from them.

I contacted the Colorado Camaro Club and learned that you all are going to the "Hot Times Kool Cars" show in Arvada.  Hope to see you and meet you there.

Andy

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
PG, factory air, console, fold down rear seat, PS, PB, butternut yellow, #s matching, original manual/warranty/POP, <60K miles
Northeast Iowa

67L48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 08:05:28 PM »
BTW, I just called that number and it's no good anymore.  Camaros Plus is no longer owned by Larry C.  It's owned by a guy named Steve Pelletier and the number is 303-420-6229.  When I called the number above, I believe I reached the Christianson's residence and spoke to a woman.  I couldn't get a recommendation from her for the new owner and it sounds like the shop is more of a parts store than a service garage.

I actually picked up a business card at a car show, not realizing it was Larry's old business.  Big red flag is that the card reads:  "Camaro's Plus"  Um, why the apostrophe?!  You don't use apostrophes to pluralize words, for crying out loud.  Not the kind of first impression that fills me with confidence.

67L48
1967 Camaro SS 350
Northeast Iowa