Author Topic: Information requested please....  (Read 7967 times)

mrdetails

• View Profile
Information requested please....
« on: June 21, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »
A couple of questions please...for 1969 earily production LA

What was the finish of the large hex fitting on the front of the proportioning valve.

Trying to install the pro. valve to master cyl. the tab on pro. valve bkt. has to go under the master boss by where it bolts to booster. This causes the pro. valve to sit unlevel. Is this correct of should their be a cutout in the master mounting boss to accomodate the tab on pro. valva mtg. blt.

What was the finish for the clamps on the sway bar rubber pieces next to the bushings that attact to the frame.

Which alternator and voltage reg. would be used on trans. iginition for ZL1

This is a great site for all things Camaro and Thank you for your help.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Information requested please....
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:38:10 PM »
I assume you're talking about the metering valve (the proportioning valve is down on the subframe); photo below shows my (original) metering valve, with the tab on the mounting bracket below the mounting ear on the (original) master cylinder.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

mrdetails

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 11:47:02 AM »
Thank You for the picture. Most pictures I have seen aren't taken fron this angle and don't show the detail. I see your metering valve is painted black. I was wondering what the finish would be on the front hex fitting if it was umpainted? Maybe just bare steel. Thanks again four help.
Sam

m22mike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 03:14:17 AM »
Thank You for the picture. Most pictures I have seen aren't taken fron this angle and don't show the detail. I see your metering valve is painted black. I was wondering what the finish would be on the front hex fitting if it was umpainted? Maybe just bare steel. Thanks again four help.
Sam

The 69's I have restored were silver cad plated.
                                                                     Mike
X66 L78 M22 4.10 Deluxe Threads, PNT 10/10, Red Hockey stripe

mrdetails

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 04:08:29 PM »
Thank's Mike. Now if I can find out about the trans. iginition...
Sam

Pex68

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
Sam

The 69's I have restored were silver cad plated.
                                                                     Mike

Any idea for 67-68?  Silver or Gold???  Speaking of the smaller valve.
Chris P
1968 Sequoia Green SS 396/325 M20

john302

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 12:13:35 AM »
I just disassembled the valve from my 12d 68 z/28 and it looks like gray phophate. Did anyone else see this on any early 68s before? All of the 69 ones I have seen are silver zinc.  John

Pex68

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 02:39:28 PM »
I just disassembled the valve from my 12d 68 z/28 and it looks like gray phophate. Did anyone else see this on any early 68s before? All of the 69 ones I have seen are silver zinc.  John

John,
What was on the inside of the nut? How about the threads?  That's pretty much sealed so whatever the finish was there sould be what it originally was...unless it rebuilt in the past sometime and was stripped.  Also, did the outside have any traces of black paint?  If so did it extend under the nut mating surface?  Do you have any pic's?  Just re-doing mine now too (12d los car!) and want to get it right the first time!  Mine was rebuilt in the past and looks like they stripped it-there was no signs of plating anywhere on the nut and the entire thing was painted black and even had black paint into some of the threads of the nut-that's why I'm pretty sure it was redone.
Thanks for the reply & info.
Chris P
1968 Sequoia Green SS 396/325 M20

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 06:03:21 AM »
Here is a pic that was posted on the sYc board of a car from the SCW:

"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

anything