Author Topic: 67 front parking light question..........................  (Read 5166 times)

ironman24

• View Profile
67 front parking light question..........................
« on: July 19, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »
Hi All,
  Im new to this site and to my 67 camaro. So sorry if this is a stupid question and sorry if i have posted it in the wrong area.  When my head lights are on the front parking lights are off.  If i turn the head lights off and just put the parking lights on, both front parking lights work.  So i guess my question is.....Should the front parking lights come on with the headlights or not?  I have asked a few people about this and some told me yes and some to me no. The ones that told me yes say i need a relay!>>>???  The ones that have said no, say that is how the car came in 67.
Can anyone let me know if they should be on with the head lights?

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: 67 front parking light question..........................
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 03:34:03 PM »
No such thing as a stupid question!  Welcome to the site and don't be afraid to ask questions.  I learn something new here practically every day.  (I've also "unlearned" a couple of things.)  ;D

This question came up last year.  See JohnZ's answer.  The difference bewteen 67 and 68 does cause some confusion from time to time.
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=1245.0
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 03:35:57 PM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

ironman24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 04:27:59 PM »
Thanks! 
That makes me feel better knowing that something is not wrong with them!  A friend of mine has a 68 that he is putting back together, and he had told me last he remember they were on with the headlights. (its been a few years since his car has been able to have the lights turned on..,hopefully soon!)  I think i might Jump the switch to have them come on with the headlights.  I would just feel better that way.  I try not to drive at night to much but there are some cruise nights that i get home late from.  Since the 67 dont have the side marker lights i think it would be a good idea to have atleast the parking lights on.  Its a black car so im sure that is even harder to see in the dark!

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:34:20 PM »
Let me put in a word for keeping your car original...
But if you are driving at night and originality isn't an issue; then, for cruising you definitely want to be seen.  I've had people almost side swipe me because they were busy looking at the car.  And it's yellow!

Love those black cars!  My other crusing car is a two-seater black on black foreign sports car.  Of course, I spend as much time washing and waxing as driving.

Post us a picture and give us the numbers.  I'd like to see it!  ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

ironman24

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 08:10:25 PM »
Im not to worried about being original.  The car was born a 6 cylinder, it has a 350 in it now.  I just bought the car about a month ago,  have wanted one for years,  have looked for years too.  Found one i liked and was in my price range about a year ago.  A few days after i found it the company I worked for was sold. So I held off on buying it. (car was sold few days later) But for me i was lucky not to buy it, about 2 months later they closed our location down and i was out a job!   So now I have new job and that has lead to me looking for cars again. So i found another car and got the car i always wanted.

here is a link to some pictures....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10267918@N04/sets/72157600921803564/
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 01:33:37 PM by ironman24 »

anything