Author Topic: Air Shocks  (Read 23634 times)

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Re: Air Shocks
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »
A few years back, I bought a set of AC Delco air shocks for my multileaf '68.  Has anyone checked to see if these are still available?

Jeff - Ran the application on the AC Delco site and came away with a number which I gave to a local dealer parts guy here in my neck of the woods and he came up blank through GM Canada.
Can't remember what the # was and I don't have it with me right now - something like 504-508 or something - anyway it is no longer available..
Thanks anyway. I ordered some Monroe's and in a week or so should be able to see for myself if they will work... - Randy

Fred Mertz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 06:18:10 AM »
I recently pulled a set of Monroe Air shocks  off my '69 while installing a new Moser 12 bolt.  They fit a multi-leaf setup.   They would not hold air for very long.  Part # on base of shock housing   48711 PE 15HA1  Hope this helps someone.

Fred

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 04:32:03 AM »
Fred:

I did buy a set of MA 711's this summer but never installed them - actually only drove the car twice and not since early August, so I never installed them to try them out! Your part number ends with the same 711 sequence so I'm betting I indeed have the correct ones when and if I ever get them on.
The car is away in storage for the last month and won't see the light of day until next May so I hope to get them on at that time, if not I may as well not keep the car considering how little it is getting use...

Thanks - Randy

4ZNOW

• You must be fast u were haulin when I passed you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 11:24:32 PM »
Hello to all Have We come up with  a good part number for AIR SHOCK's For a 1969 Camaro with multi leaf springs?
The local NAPA said they have a set of  AIR SHOCK's for single leaf Camaro that may work.  I can always return them if they don't I guess. But If some one has a set installed within this past year that work with no clearance issues  :o part # Would be Great Thank's

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »
I did buy a set of MA 711's this summer but never installed them - actually only drove the car twice and not since early August, so I never installed them to try them out! Your part number ends with the same 711 sequence so I'm betting I indeed have the correct ones when and if I ever get them on.

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=4436.msg28653#new

Paul